GO500 1 of 2 maps not showing

I have an SD card in my TT that has 2 maps Great Britain Plus and Western Europe (long story and lots of heartache)

My TT will not let me switch between maps and only "sees" the GB map - why doesn't it see the WE map?

My other half is off to Europe at the week-end and only can see major routes. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Were both maps installed properly using Home? Or did you purchase maps on a sd card?

Hi, The card is the one that the WE map came on (bought from TomTom). I had lots of problems with it and had help getting it to work as there appeared to be lots of extra stuff on the card, it then worked a bit, at the same time I also added the GB map from the original card that came with the TT.

We in NA are not acquainted with maps on cards since we can't get them that way, only by using Home.

I think that maps are locked to the card and it sounds as if something went weird during the copying of the GB map to it (I didn't think you could add a map to a card but am not sure).

I'll see if someone based in the UK, more familiar with your situation can pop in here to advise.

Check back.

Have you had more than one device from TomTom and got them both registered using the same account e-mail address per chance? - this would screw up the Western Europe map as it thinks its for a different device and therefore it doesn't appear in the Manage Maps/ Switch Map option as its not intended for the device installed - If you purchased the maps for the same device give support a ring in the morning (0845 161 0009) and see if they can add the missing map to your account, this way you will be able to download, install and activate it - Mike

Ask a Question