UK map not showing up in Tomtom 910

Hi,

A few months ago i bought a Tomtom 910 off ebay. It had the North America and UK maps installed. It worked without a problem until yesterday.

I used it in the morning, turned it off, and it wouldn't turn back on again. I reset the device and it was working fine. But in the morning i had to reset it. So when i got home from work i connected it to my computed hoping updating it would fix it for good.

But ever since, i haven't been able to get the UK maps to show on my tomtom. The only map listed is the North America one. I can see the map installed via my computer, and TomTom Home sees the map on my device, but it doesn't show on my Tomtom :(

I thought the map may have been out of date, but the NA one is a lower version than the uk one, and that shows up :S

Please help!

Well i have my Tomtom working again. I guess i took a little gamble.

I thought that maybe UK map i got with the Tomtom from eBay was fake, or something and that's why it wouldn't work after the update. So with the 30% reduction in new maps i bought a new uk one. Uninstalled the old map, installed the new one and it's working fine. I'll just need to monitor the not starting up issuse.

Maps are serial number locked to a unit. Maybe your ebay seller was moving to the UK, and tried copying someone else's map to the 910 via windows explorer. When it didn't work, they ended up selling the tomtom.

Maps are serial number locked to a unit. Maybe your ebay seller was moving to the UK, and tried copying someone else's map to the 910 via windows explorer. When it didn't work, they ended up selling the tomtom.

Well, it worked for 6 months.

Well, for the heck of it, try the clear flash tool found here.

If that doesn't work, you may want to try to restore to factory defaults. You'll lose all your custom settings and it'll take a couple of minutes to re-enter them but what do you have to lose by trying?

Ask a Question