Maps are now device specific!!!!!!

I'm pissed.:mad: ..I went out last week and picked up a 2gig card to upgrade to the NA maps....

When I bought the XL-S, I was not under the impression it was a real low-end type of product which offers text-to-speech. Since the internal memory is only 1GB, you get the smaller map of USA and Canada, the smaller POI.dat, the smaller single computer voice and smaller available space to add anything... Nowhere in the evaluations of it was I aware it was so limited compared to its higher end brothers. I knew it did not have voice recognition nor integrated telephone or multi-media and traffic. I did not need those features but thought the rest of the GPS system was somewhat the same and it is not the case...

Of course, I could have made an even bigger mistake buying the integrated car's GPS (Dodge/Chrysler) to discover whole sections of NA map missing and yearly updated map costing around 300$ after spending near 4000$ for the system like my brother in law found out in his fully equipped Dodge RAM!...

I'm pissed.:mad: ..I went out last week and picked up a 2gig card to upgrade to the NA maps....

I don't know what's more infuriating...knowing that I can't use the NA maps now, or if I was one of the people that already upgraded and can't get the next version. I hope that someone with some influence hears our cries and makes some changes. I just don't understand. We're spending money on their maps either way, why do we have to be forced into settling for second best?:confused:

Well I tried being a smart ass and went ahead and purchased the NA maps from TomTom UK. Long story short "This map is unavailable for your device". I even tried downgrading to the old Home 2.1 and still no go. :mad: Now I need to see if I can get my money back from those stingy bastards.

Well I tried being a smart ass and went ahead and purchased the NA maps from TomTom UK. Long story short "This map is unavailable for your device". I even tried downgrading to the old Home 2.1 and still no go. :mad: Now I need to see if I can get my money back from those stingy bastards.

I think that others in your shoes have been refunded, but this whole thing smacks of forcing the customer into purchasing a more expensive model rather than holding onto what they've got, and upgrading their software.
:mad:

When I called they said they couldn't give me a refund because it had already gone through or something like that. Then they replaced it with the USA + Canada map. I didn't care because what I paid for the NA map when it was half off was still cheaper than a full priced USA + Canada map. Good luck.:)

Quick question for those who had already upgraded with an sd card and the NA maps on there ONE XL*S...when you connect to TThome, are there any issues??

tomtom na maps

I have a tomtom one ver 2 with a 2gb sd card and the 2gb 7.10 NA map. everything works well.

However, after the latest tt home update, i no longer am able to see any maps installed on the device, just the maps that are "allowed" on my device. Mapshare works fine though.

--dave

I have a tomtom one ver 2 with a 2gb sd card and the 2gb 7.10 NA map. everything works well.

However, after the latest tt home update, i no longer am able to see any maps installed on the device, just the maps that are "allowed" on my device. Mapshare works fine though.

--dave

So, are you going to stick with that NA map after it's outdated, or swtich back to the USA and Canada? :confused:

only time will tell, but, my guess is that i will not update the map. right now this is a play toy more than anything else.

Is this why I no longer have the option to buy European maps for my One 3rd edition? I recognize the memory limitations and that I would need to delete my US maps to install other maps, but the ability to do so was a big factor in taking the plunge with TomTom. Can I still get non-NA maps?

Is this why I no longer have the option to buy European maps for my One 3rd edition? I recognize the memory limitations and that I would need to delete my US maps to install other maps, but the ability to do so was a big factor in taking the plunge with TomTom. Can I still get non-NA maps?

My guess is that you're stuck with what ever HOME tells you that you're "allowed":rolleyes: to have!:mad:
You know, they really should advertise up front, "This is your device, these are the maps that we offer for sale, and these are the only maps that are supported by this device.

Well thsi will cheer you up -

On the UK Map store they are now selling the same map for the devices. So the 520 map and the 720 map are not both the new versions of the North American Map 7.15

They have swapped me to the USA and canada map and I habe shouted very loudly at them as I spoke to them before I bought the NA 2GB 710 map and was told it woudl work.

I am really really really really pissed at the moment.

Once again TomTom is pissing me off.

People are sticking it to them good over there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question