map update on 720 - questions

Bestbuy just replaced my 1 1/2 year old GO720 under the store warranty to my great relief. The battery would not hold a charge when unused for 2 days or less. Bestbuy said it can not be repaired (I'm assuming it was the battery and not something else affecting the battery) and gave me a new 720.

So my questions are about the 30 day map guarantee. I assume I can get a new map as it is new out of a sealed box (it reads v710.1584 now). I would probably put it on the 2 GB SD card and keep the old one since I'm afraid to muck up what is working, having had the GPS blow its brains more than once.

1) Does the latest map fit on a 2GB SD? 2) Do I download to the computer or to the SD? 3) And do I need the latest version of Home to get it? The one I installed is on the CD from the new box and looks very old (App 7.221).

Thanks in advance and happy holidays to all.

If by some slim chance when you operate Home, and tell it to Use the latest Map Guarantee and it does - you will be real lucky!

Otherwise, TT will want to see a purchase in the last 30 days - don't think a replacement will get you anything.

But is is worth a try -as I still believe in Santa (only rational explanation for all the coal-filled stockings I get this time of year)!

Make sure you have latest Home version, and let it update your application on the device first. Then try the Map guarantee and see what happens.

2gb SD should be enough, but 4 gb SDHC are CHEAP, so why 2? You will have plenty of room for whatever

Do a complete BACKUP your brand-new, virgin, untouched unit first.

Latest maps as up to now, for NA is v815.2019 (it's roughly 1.7GB)
Latest NC as up to now is 8.300

If by some slim chance when you operate Home, and tell it to Use the latest Map Guarantee and it does - you will be real lucky!

Otherwise, TT will want to see a purchase in the last 30 days - don't think a replacement will get you anything.

But is is worth a try -as I still believe in Santa (only rational explanation for all the coal-filled stockings I get this time of year)!

Make sure you have latest Home version, and let it update your application on the device first. Then try the Map guarantee and see what happens.

2gb SD should be enough, but 4 gb SDHC are CHEAP, so why 2? You will have plenty of room for whatever

Yes, make sure it's before the 30 day!!! I didn't and I'm stuck with the old ver! TT will not let me update. Pissed me off!! If I could get it another way I would :(

Ask a Question