Map Purchase

TomTom Model(s)
One 2nd edition
I just purchased a new map for my tomtom one 2nd edition. I have two questions; how do I check to see that it has been downloaded to my computer and after I install it on my device how can I check to insure the map is on my device.

Connect to Home. Manage my Device (2nd screen).

Items on Device-->maps, what shows there?

Items on Computer-->maps, what shows there?

My device shows I have map. To check computer do I just click on the install items from computer?

If it shows on the device, then on the device go to manage maps-->switch maps and see if it is listed.

For Nav 2 devices such as yours, Home always first downloads it to the computer and then installs it on the device.

Likely, on the computer you will find it here:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\maps\
or.....
C:\Users\username\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\map (if Windows 7/VISTA)

While connected to computer in home it showed a map is installed. However, I checked the date and it the one device came with. Checked computer and the new map is not there. What next?

In Home, Update my Device, is a map offered?

If not, call CS to straighten this situation out:

United States
866 486 6866

Monday-Friday:
8:00am to 8:00pm EST
Saturday:
9:00am to 6:00pm EST

dhn-The problem was resolved by tomtom cs. The first rep did not properly send the download. Thanks for all your help.

Ask a Question