what exactly happens if you purchase a map....

If I buy a map online I gather I will get an email link to the download....(is this correct?)

Does the map load directly to an attached Tomtom XXL or does it go to the pc directory and then I get to put it on the tomtom using HOME or Explorer..??

reason is that if I buy the map overseas (at a 40% discount) I want to ensure there will be no hidden issues if my unit is registered locally in Australia(no 40% discount!) and something I can control (pc to tomtom transfer_ is better that a direct transfer....)

Thanks in advance.....

Purchased maps are downloaded first to your computer here:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

and then installed on your computer.

When you purchase a map, a confirming email and an invoice is sent to the email address you provide.

As I advised earlier, be careful when it gets time to provide your credit card number. See where the server sends you.......and look at the price on screen being charged and in what currency.

Ask a Question