This is what happens when you leave unit in your car

This is my friends car, he left his laptop, ipod & TomTom in the car:

Snoopaloop1000

Leaving you tomtom in car

This is my friends car, he left his laptop, ipod & TomTom in the car:

Snoopaloop1000

I don't know where you guys are from but FYI here in Europe it is a big deal!
I have read stories that will blow your mind! They will break into your car even if they don't see a tomtom in it just by looking at you windshield!
You know that classic round mark made from the suction cup?
Well that gives it away. The guy has a tomtom! So they break in. They may not find it but you have a broken window! So you did leave a tomtom in it. And you say you have a code and the thief cant use it? Well you have a broken window and no tomtom! I am one of those who had a broken window only but had it done 3 times! thats $80.00 each time! but I still have my tomtom. So what's this "juststolen.net"? YOU'RE never getting it back !

Yikes! I'm sorry about your friend. It gets me mad when people do this. We work hard to purchase our units. I just bought my TomTom bag to put everything in it. I carry my TT & accessories, Ipod Video, & PDA in it.

That's gonna suck cause I have a parking pass that uses a suction cup and it does leave a circular mark.

It happens !

You know it happens everywhere in the world. Now a days even if you leave a pairs of sunglasses they break into your car. Just have to be carefull not to leave anything visible in the car,or make sure no one is watching you put anything in the trunk or glove box. I take the tomtom off a block or 2 before I arrive and also the car radio with removable front off before i park. You know it was soooo bad once that I even had covers for my Bose speakers that had Radio Shack logo on them so no one would want to steal them!
Took off the Decals of the type of stereo system I owned. Alarm? Nahhhh
I leave the car open (Unlocked) window partially down (if it's not raining) no one touches it! Just an Immobilizer . believe me it works better than an alarm!

I leave mine in my truck all the time. I used to take it off the mount and stick it in my locked glove box, but after a while I got lazy and stopped doing that.

Luckily the way I have it mounted on my windshiled, it is somewhat hidden behind the molding of the windshiled frame so people passing by usually don't see it.

Unfortunately theives will always continue to break into cars for just about anything..so if it happens to mean I'll just have to suck it up and purchase a new tomtom.

Unfortunately theives will always continue to break into cars for just about anything..so if it happens to mean I'll just have to suck it up and purchase a new tomtom.

Where do you live again? J/K I'd look at it as a sign to upgrade.

I keep mine in my camera bag with my camera, Palm, cell phone, etc, which I seldom leave in the car mainly due to heat (I live in Florida, USA). At least in the USA with so many cars having iPod docks, XM add-ons, DVD players, and even OEM navs, thieves aren't really looking for suction cup marks and would rather risk a smash-n-grab on a car that actually has something visable from the window.

Being born and raised in Texas, I have the extra alarm system that most Texans are introduced to at an early age. If you're going to steal from me, you better be quick about it so that you're long gone or you better be able to outrun a bullet, which would only leave Superman as a suspect in successfully stealing my TomTom. ;) I won't say that there aren't many criminals in Texas, because that would be inaccurate. There are just a lot of stupid and/or dead criminals in Texas compared to other places.

I have a TT Bag that I keep my unit & accessories with IPOD and PDA. Works great.
I never leave the unit it my car.

Btw, Nice to see you back Chris.

Thanks Pedro -- good to be back. The kids are finally on holiday break (or close to it), so I finally got the spare time (what's that?!) to stop in.

Yup welcome back Chris!! I thought you would have less time now that the kids are on break hehehe. Anyhow, I also keep my TT in my TT bag that was provided.

Ask a Question