How can I tell exactly

Give us the first two characters of your serial number, and we can tell you all you'd ever want to know about what it's called around the world, including Australia.

TomTom has a site that provides most of this information, too: http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9521/

First two letters are AH

Thankyou.

I am finding the tomtom.com.au site quite un-intuitive and difficult to use. Of course, this might be my fault, but I am struggling to purchase Australian maps. I have just returned from Europe and I think the TomTom was bought in New Zealand and had Europe maps installed.

I also need to purchase more memory to fit both maps on. Do I just do that somewhere like Harvey Norman?

Really appreciate any help.

Thankyou.

I am finding the tomtom.com.au site quite un-intuitive and difficult to use. Of course, this might be my fault, but I am struggling to purchase Australian maps. I have just returned from Europe and I think the TomTom was bought in New Zealand and had Europe maps installed.

I also need to purchase more memory to fit both maps on. Do I just do that somewhere like Harvey Norman?

Really appreciate any help.

Oops...I had the first two letters in the title. They are AH.

Oops...I had the first two letters in the title. They are AH.

The TT website says that is a Via 110 - with 4GB internal memory.

I also need to purchase more memory to fit both maps on.

Yes, any reasonable quality micro-SD card will do. The TomTom will see it as just an extension to the main memory. Unlike older models it doesn't show as a second location, so you don't get to choose where to put new maps. It just fills up the internal memory first and if there's not room for a new item it uses the card instead.

I am finding the tomtom.com.au site quite un-intuitive and difficult to use. Of course, this might be my fault, but I am struggling to purchase Australian maps.

Where is it going wrong?
I've just been to the UK website and gone to the Mapshop by clicking on "Maps" in the top bar.
I then clicked on any one of several links to get to maps for new areas (as opposed to a map update for my existing map)
One was a signpost labelled "New maps for new regions" another was "Discover somewhere new - Travel maps" - they both took me to the same form.

attachment.php

I was then able to select the VIA 100 in the dropdown box

attachment.php

....and then choose the Australia map:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Maps - Shop - TomTom - Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    Maps - Shop - TomTom - Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 1,174
  • Maps - Shop 2 - TomTom - Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    Maps - Shop 2 - TomTom - Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,055
  • Maps - Shop 3 - TomTom - Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    Maps - Shop 3 - TomTom - Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 951
Thankyou.

(1) The TT website seems to be indicating a 110/160. Is that different, for my purposes, than the 110/120.

(2) Roger that about the SD card.

(3) I am in Australia now, not the UK. I wonder if the TT thinks it is stil in Europe. Although, you should still be able to purchase maps in other parts of the world.

I am also wondering whether the lack of available memory means it is not allowing me to choose to download the Australian maps.

Hmmm...will persist. Thankyou for your help.

? I'm a little confused about this:
The TT website seems to be indicating a 110/160
That's an odd pairing. Is that coming off the AU site when the first two characters are input? In any case, you do have the 110.

Even though the Aus map isn't large, I guess I'm no longer surprised that it won't co-exist with the European map - which soaks up nearly all of what's available memory on a 4GB unit. But before we suggest a solution ... my magic decoder ring indicates that the 110 does not have an external uSD slot anywhere. Obiwan .. can you confirm? It will either be up near the USB connection or under a cleverly disguised cover in the bottom of the unit.

(1) The TT website seems to be indicating a 110/160. Is that different, for my purposes, than the 110/120.

I can see why you're confused!
The various regional TomTom websites do contain a lot of errors.

It's actually very easy to switch between the different TomTom websites for different countries... on almost every page there is a little flag to click at the top right, or a drop-down box.

So, here I am now on the Australian site on their version of the "What device do I have" page.

If I enter "AH" as the serial number here, it definitely says I have a VIA110, no mention of a 160 at all...

attachment.php

But if I go to the Australian map buying page, and put "AH" in the box there, sure enough it suggests it is a VIA 110/160 :rolleyes:

attachment.php

Worse still...it doesn't offer you ANY maps - all the continents are greyed out! :eek:

-----

If you've done the same, try going instead to the drop-down list of models and select and then choose "VIA110/115/125".

This time it will come up with a heading saying "VIA 160/180/260/280" for some daft reason! :confused:

But at least you can select some maps to buy.

I think it may be time to call Customer services for Aus. and tell them their website is broken!

Attachments

• Which TomTom device do I have-Aus.jpg
    Which TomTom device do I have-Aus.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 1,794
  • Maps-Shop-TomTom-Aus.jpg
    Maps-Shop-TomTom-Aus.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 945
Last edited:
Stand by... I'm mixing up my 'AH' and 'AN'......:roll:

Edit: Fixed now....

Last edited:
Assuming the OP is able to navigate the site, that still leaves us with the question of where to put them. I'm guessing it will be necessary to pull the European map from the unit and install Australia. I still don't think there's a microSD slot on these units.

Ask a Question