What does the clearflash tool do exactly? Help with Computer voice?

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I'm just wondering what the clear flash tool does exactly. I'm about to try it out on my 720 because I haven't been able to get any computer voices working lately.

2 weeks ago my computer voices would work intermittently. I was still on NavCore 8.3. I would start a route, I'd start driving, and it'll read the first few instructions, but after that they would no longer work. I have been using Jane (pre-recorded voice) since my TTS has not been working. None of the computer 4 voices work.

I then installed NavCore 8.204 a few days ago, and the voices started working again but only for a day. Now I'm back to the same.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the voices with no luck. I even went into the TomTom folder in my documents to delete all of the TTS voices I had saved locally. Well even after Home downloads and installs a fresh copy of Susan, it still doesn't work. I noticed that after I installed OS 8.204, now Home downloads and installs the new V7 voices, but still doesn't work. Half the time they don't even show up on the unit as selectable.

Do you guys think the clear flash tool might help in this case? I'm running out of options/combinations on what to do to get my TTS working. I wonder if it has anything to do with me cheating on Susan with Kate. Susan refuses to talk to me :(

An hour ago I went and deleted EVERYTHING off of my TomTom and let Home install it from scratch, and everything works except the voices still. Please help meeeee :(

What the heck?? After writting this post, the TTS started working wonderfully again! No problems or hiccups! Wonder what that was all about... Still thinking of using the clear flash tool though.. What does this tool clear?

It's supposed to effectively clear the cobwebs out of the firmware where settings don't seem to 'take'. Here's the link I send people to when I suggest using it. You can read more there (and don't worry that it does not refer to recent models. It will work.

Go here.

I'm just wondering what the clear flash tool does exactly. I'm about to try it out on my 720 because I haven't been able to get any computer voices working lately.

2 weeks ago my computer voices would work intermittently. I was still on NavCore 8.3. I would start a route, I'd start driving, and it'll read the first few instructions, but after that they would no longer work. I have been using Jane (pre-recorded voice) since my TTS has not been working. None of the computer 4 voices work.

I then installed NavCore 8.204 a few days ago, and the voices started working again but only for a day. Now I'm back to the same.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the voices with no luck. I even went into the TomTom folder in my documents to delete all of the TTS voices I had saved locally. Well even after Home downloads and installs a fresh copy of Susan, it still doesn't work. I noticed that after I installed OS 8.204, now Home downloads and installs the new V7 voices, but still doesn't work. Half the time they don't even show up on the unit as selectable.

Do you guys think the clear flash tool might help in this case? I'm running out of options/combinations on what to do to get my TTS working. I wonder if it has anything to do with me cheating on Susan with Kate. Susan refuses to talk to me :(

An hour ago I went and deleted EVERYTHING off of my TomTom and let Home install it from scratch, and everything works except the voices still. Please help meeeee :(

Try the new firmware update just released. Hook up to tomtom home and you should get it.

Randy R.

Ask a Question