XL 350TM storage to small. what happens if I update to new map?

Hello everyone.
I just got XL 350TM. I notice the storage space is only 2 GB, and current map is 1709.7 MB. I understand that TOM TOM will provide at least 4 map update a year. My question is will my unit able to get them? life time map update with only 2 GB of storage! the paper which came with this unit states: "....Useful life means the period of time that TomTom product is serviceable and/or supportable by TomTom, including but not limited to, this TomTom product having suffient memory or software to accept updets to the original mpa data." Thanks for your answer in advance.

Each new map will overwrite the existing map on the unit, not add to it. So you will be ok

Hi Jean,

dhn is right, a new map replaces existing map.

I just purchased the XL-335TM... which doesn't have the Mexico map—only US and Canada. This way I saved some space for later updates. Don't know what your needs are, but I don't need Mexico. I got my XL335TM at Target for $149 (sale runs till Oct 16th I think). This unit has the full menu too—not the Easy menu. Just thought I'd share that info.

Rick

XL350TM not enough free space

just bought this today, connected it to the PC, and downloaded the new map update. But it failed to install because the device didn't have enough memory.

this is what I got...

"ERROR: DesktopLib/Generic/NotEnoughSpace: There is not enough free space on your device. ( -24.2 Mb)
@ .\framework\InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(1897)
Size available 17.6 Mb Size needed 41.8 Mb installable item metadata <HOME2 version="2.7">"

I'm now very disappointed.

Welcome to TTF.

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Then connect to Home, Manage my Unit, Device tab....

Remove any voices you may not need .

Try the install again.

You can dump pretty much everything in the license folder.

Make sure there are not any csspeechxx.dat files in the map folder. There shouldn't be (They're used for models with Voice Recognition, meaning the model needs a microphone; yours doesn't have one) If you see those files, you can remove them.

Ask a Question