Major update to Easymenu devices

Volume problem

Can anyone please confirm if the Volume issue at high speed with tom tom GPS has been fixed or not ?

Should this update work on my tom tom one version 3 as i tried it but it jsut crashed, so put my back up back on.

That would explain it then, was trying to check it on my 1st as tom tom start, is my parents i got them for xmas and didnt want to wreck, guess i have to try and see what happens. I made back up so should be ok.

I have a XL350 and am running the latest version and I still have the vocal cut outs.
At what volume settings (are you OK at 85% or less) and what firmware? Please verify firmware level using the unit itself to display the full set of numbers.

Grayed out Menus Options

Hi all,

New here but not new to Tom Tom. I have a 330S and now have a new 550TM I just got a few days ago. Did all the updates and of coruse had to call TT Support so I didn't mess up my device. The question I have is regarding some of the menus on the device. In the Options 2 of 3 on my device there is a menu that says "Enable Saftey Alerts". It has a check mark within a little circle, but all of it is grayed out, so when I touch it nothing happens. Why is it grayed out or Is it suppose to be grayed out, if it's suppose to be grayed out then why even be there??

I have been searching and reading all morning but can't find anything about this.

Thanks,
hamradionut

Welcome to TTF.

did you register the 550 with a different email address at TomTom than the other unit? If not, do so. It doesn't even have to be a real one, just in the proper format of (e-mail address removed).

Also, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Try resetting the unit by holding the power button for about 10 seconds till you hear the drum roll sounds.

If that doesn't work, try resetting to factory defaults. It will cause you to lose all your custom settings but may activate the icon. Not sure.

Welcome to TTF.

did you register the 550 with a different email address at TomTom than the other unit? If not, do so. It doesn't even have to be a real one, just in the proper format of (e-mail address removed).

Also, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.

Try resetting the unit by holding the power button for about 10 seconds till you hear the drum roll sounds.

If that doesn't work, try resetting to factory defaults. It will cause you to lose all your custom settings but may activate the icon. Not sure.

Hi thanks for the responce, yes I did all of what you suggested, the reset didn't do anything, and when I tried the factory defaults, I guess that didn't work either because I still had all my custom setting like POI's, startup image etc..

UPDATE: Well I called TT Tech NO Support and was told that feature was for some other model that they put in cars so that's why it's grayed out....So I ask then why is it on my unit if I can't use it....TT No Support had no explaination...I have since found out that I had a corrupted Safety Camera file on the unit and that's why it was grayed out....

Just thought the forum would like to know.

HamRadionut

Last edited:
Hi I'm from New Zealand and just got my new Tomtom XL 250. I've updated the application to version to 9.150. Everything works fine except that when I go over the speed limit, it just highlight the speed in red and doesn't give a warning sound. I've called customer service and the guy said that somebody gave him information that this model doesn't have that warning sound as it is a "low end" unit. Is there somebody who has the same unit and experiencing the same issue? Thanks!
I have a 335xl that has the same problem - not sounding a warning when exceeding the speed limit. I am also unable to change Safety Preferences with the latest app version. TomTom support replied that this was true for an early model 335xl but not for later 335xls. They were not sure if TomTom was working to fix this. Does anyone have more information on this problem?

Ask a Question