Major update to Easymenu devices

Well, lads,

Got this reply today from TomTom's technical side so now we all know where we stand re audio problems with the new app. So it's stereo turned down and fingers crossed that the revised app. won't be too long in appearing!

"This issue has been reported to the software team for further investigation.This is happening after the release of the new application In the meantime can you set the volume not higher than 80% and also to de-select the option to "link the volume the car speed" (it is in the Volume Preferences ... because if you drive fast and the volume will be higher than 80% then you will get no sound again. We are working on a permanent fix for this and will release it in a future application update. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused to you."

Thanks for sharing this. And thanks to it and the forums I found out about this issue rather than run back to Best Buy because my new (and first TomTom) XL 350TM was not announcing directions or street names as it should. I can live with a known glitch as part of an update and hopefully see a fix released soon. And I just traveled at 80% volume on the highway and it worked flawlessly.

Last edited:
Any Idea When to Expect Update, Fix, etc...?

Just wondering if there is a general pattern to updates, releases, fixes, etc...

I'm a new TomTom owner and not sure about common practices.

Of course I'm waiting for the fix to the latest update so I can go above 80% volume.

Right now I'm jumping the website and discussion forums every day and also connecting my TomTom XL 350TM to the computer every day. Is there a place to look for an announcement about the fix/update or do I just keep connecting the device to the computer and TomTom Home?

THANKS!

If you don't see announcements here about updates, then connecting to Home on a regular basis and selecting 'Update My Unit' will let you know when there is stuff........

Right now I'm jumping the website and discussion forums every day and also connecting my TomTom XL 350TM to the computer every day. Is there a place to look for an announcement about the fix/update or do I just keep connecting the device to the computer and TomTom Home?

Tomtom's supposed to announce the latest updates here. But I think they laid off the person who was updating that website... it's horribly out of date.

Lane guidance seems to kill my sound

I am happy I found this thread because I have been having problems with inconsistent voice guidance since the latest application update for my xl 350 lm. I went through a systematic series of trial drives and determined that I can drive around town all day long and the unit gives perfect text to speech directions. When I go on the interstate and the first picture pops up for an exit or lane guidance, the unit goes mute. Once it was in the middle of announcing that I should take the next exit and the exit sign pops up with the large guidance arrow. The announcement cut off in mid-word when the picture came up and the unit didn't say anything else until I got home when it sputtered a partial statement about arriving.

This all happened with the volume at 100 percent. I will turn that down to 80 and see if it makes a difference. Of course, my unit did work perfectly even at 100 percent until I went on the interstate. Strange.

I went through some fixes at the suggestion of TomTom support but none of them made a difference. I did find that support people to be very helpful but none of the ideas made any difference. I do have authorization to send the thing back and get a replacement but I think I will hold on to it now that I know there may be a software fix on the way.

Never mind ... it is the volume setting problem for me as well

I just went out and drove around with my 350lm and found that the voice directions work very well with the new application if I keep the volume at or below 80%. So, it must have been coincidence that it was cutting out when I would see the lane guidance pictures. I am very happy that you all figured this out so that I can keep this unit and not send it back. Hopefully, they will have a software upgrade before too long to allow for a higher volume setting.

I too am glad to have found this forum/thread as I've had the same TTS prb w/ my newly-acquired XL350TM as well. Hope to receive updates from TT and anyone here when a patch becomes available. Thx!

TomTom is aware of the problem.

That said, the more US customers who call CS at 866-486-6866 to complain, the more likely that an update will get impolemented faster.

Emailing is a waste of time.

TomTom is aware of the problem.

That said, the more US customers who call CS at 866-486-6866 to complain, the more likely that an update will get impolemented faster.

Emailing is a waste of time.

Just got off the phone with a customer service rep who first asked me what I was talking about and then said they haven't come up with a fix yet but we should see one "in a week or two". KEEP CALLING!

maddening

Thanks for sharing this. And thanks to it and the forums I found out about this issue rather than run back to Best Buy because my new (and first TomTom) XL 350TM was not announcing directions or street names as it should. I can live with a known glitch as part of an update and hopefully see a fix released soon. And I just traveled at 80% volume on the highway and it worked flawlessly.

I spent three days and hours on the phone with Tt customer "service". trying to resolve this problem. Wait times are totally unexceptable!

Yesterday, I returned the tomtom350 for replacement. After being told by tt service that the unit had a hardware problem. It was determined not to be a software problem. However it is the same problem that I now find out on this forum that everyone seems to have been having for months.

What really gets me is apparently this was all a huge waste of time. The service people never indicated that they were aware that this is a common problem if in fact they did know about it. So I return the unit which I now expect will be replaced with a new unit with the same problem.

I spent three days and hours on the phone with Tt customer "service". trying to resolve this problem. Wait times are totally unexceptable!

Yesterday, I returned the tomtom350 for replacement. After being told by tt service that the unit had a hardware problem. It was determined not to be a software problem. However it is the same problem that I now find out on this forum that everyone seems to have been having for months.

What really gets me is apparently this was all a huge waste of time. The service people never indicated that they were aware that this is a common problem if in fact they did know about it. So I return the unit which I now expect will be replaced with a new unit with the same problem.

So is it safe to assume that the next big map update in late Nov/early Dec will include a fix so we can finally use volume at 100%? I'm working really hard to like my (first) TT but this is a bit frustrating waiting for a fix like this and watching others being told it is a problem with their TT when it really isn't!

So is it safe to assume that the next big map update in late Nov/early Dec will include a fix so we can finally use volume at 100%?

This is an application bug. Application fixes are released independently from maps. Usually they are towards the end of the month, but usually they take 2-3 months to fix (if they're fixed at all).

So I return the unit which I now expect will be replaced with a new unit with the same problem.

Well, the new replacement has arrived, and it still has the same voice problem as the first unit.

I am hoping that the fix will not be too long in coming. Seems to me that a company as large as this should be able to fix a significant problem such as this fairly quickly.

At least they should advise new buyers that there is a problem so they don't have to go through all the hassle that I encountered.

Tomtom XL 250 - no overspeed warning sound

Hi I'm from New Zealand and just got my new Tomtom XL 250. I've updated the application to version to 9.150. Everything works fine except that when I go over the speed limit, it just highlight the speed in red and doesn't give a warning sound. I've called customer service and the guy said that somebody gave him information that this model doesn't have that warning sound as it is a "low end" unit. Is there somebody who has the same unit and experiencing the same issue? Thanks!

First time on these forums in a while, just plugged my TomTom into Home, I have the XL340s Live. I didn't get the update, I'm running version 9.058.568435.2, any incite as to why I can't get the update? FYI I'm not getting map share update either.

Last edited:
Try this.......

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home and you should be offered an application. Accept it. Install. Disconnect properly from Home and reconnect and see if a further application is offered.

Try this.......

Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home and you should be offered an application. Accept it. Install. Disconnect properly from Home and reconnect and see if a further application is offered.

Thanks for the effort, but this did not work. Only updates me to the same version.

First time on these forums in a while, just plugged my TomTom into Home, I have the XL340s Live. I didn't get the update, I'm running version 9.058.568435.2, any incite as to why I can't get the update? FYI I'm not getting map share update either.

App 9.058 is the latest software version for the xl340s live. The 9.150 update discussed here is only for the XL350, XL550, and easymenu editions of the XL335. (L, LE, and SE)

Ask a Question