LIVE Subscription

Is there any advantage to the yearly subscription? All I can see is disadvantages....

1. You pay more for 1 year than if you go month by month
  2. Can't cancel in the middle of the year
  3. A years commitment

I can pay $9.95/mo and wind up paying $119.40 instead of the yearly price of $119.95. Am I missing something here?

you're not missing anything. but live renewals are so error prone that you may want to buy a year just avoid the hassle.

you're not missing anything. but live renewals are so error prone that you may want to buy a year just avoid the hassle.

FYI, I just took the chance on monthly auto renewing with my 740TM Live just because I was not certain I wanted a year's more of Live Services.

Right now I am partially confused since the my 740 "My Services" shows proper renewal date for major items but shows subsets of those items expire in 6 days.

Interestingly, my account at TomTom account is correct.

So in a week, we'll see if the first obstacle (expiration dates at 90 days after purchase and activation didn't update) is overcome and then next month we'll see if the auto renewal process works.:confused:

More later.

Chuck

Ask a Question