Live Services show no jams after renewing my subscription

TomTom Model(s)
GoLive 950
I recently renewed my live service subscription, when I turn on my 950 Go Live the live service sets itself up and searches for information, once it has finished all it shows is a few minutes delay which I assume is just the expected delay for the time of day. Even when I know there is a long delay on route which has been there for some time it shows nothing.

I have tried doing a soft reset and only once did it work but it was too late I was already in the jam and close to my customer I then set my TomTom to return home and it showed a 55 minute delay with 30 min quicker route so I then turned off the sat nav once I arrived at my customer but after turning it back on when I had finished it showed no jams so took a chance followed what it said and of course got stuck in traffic for 1Hr. So in over two months of renewal its only worked once, I've flashed the temp memory as well but still no good the only thing I have not tried is a hard reset

Anyone got any ideas please?

If you have a route planned, is any traffic bar being displayed on the right, and does it contain only a spinning 'clock' circle in the middle, or a yellow triangle, or does it eventually resolve to the typical straight, vertical line?

When traffic first fires up successfully after a link to the traffic server, it reports the total incidents and miles of roads covered for your general geographic area. Are you seeing anything there?

If you navigate specifically to the Live Services / Traffic menu, and select something (e.g., Minimize delays), are you presented with an error message that says "Cannot connect to TomTom Live..." ?

IF you can achieve the straight line (see first Q above) that represents a Live traffic connection, then just for fun, switch to Live Services / Traffic / Browse map and during a period of heavy traffic; you should be able to scroll around and see it on the map. Given your proximity to the M25, you shouldn't have to scroll very far :eek:. What I'm trying to determine is whether your issue is systemic or somehow localized.

If you have a route planned, is any traffic bar being displayed on the right, and does it contain only a spinning 'clock' circle in the middle, or a yellow triangle, or does it eventually resolve to the typical straight, vertical line?

When traffic first fires up successfully after a link to the traffic server, it reports the total incidents and miles of roads covered for your general geographic area. Are you seeing anything there?

If you navigate specifically to the Live Services / Traffic menu, and select something (e.g., Minimize delays), are you presented with an error message that says "Cannot connect to TomTom Live..." ?

IF you can achieve the straight line (see first Q above) that represents a Live traffic connection, then just for fun, switch to Live Services / Traffic / Browse map and during a period of heavy traffic; you should be able to scroll around and see it on the map. Given your proximity to the M25, you shouldn't have to scroll very far :eek:. What I'm trying to determine is whether your issue is systemic or somehow localized.

Hi thanks for your reply, yes the traffic bar is being displayed and the clock spins to retrieve traffic info it then finishes showing a straight vertical line with perhaps a few minutes delay at the top which I think is part of the IQ route. I tried a route tonight that would take me to a customer via the Dartford bridge because I could see on the news tonight that it had been closed for over an hour and all it showed was a 9 minute delay at the very top of the traffic bar again because of the time of day I tried it would be just the IQ route delay showing

OK. The presence of the solid vertical bar at least indicates that it is trying.
I'm wondering if there's some problem with the reporting in your area up north of town.

On to those other steps.
When traffic first fires up successfully after a link to the traffic server, a little banner comes up in the upper right that reports the total number of incidents and miles of roads covered for your general geographic area. Are you seeing anything there?
Using the menu, switch to Live Services / Traffic / Browse map, and during a period of heavy traffic, you should be able to scroll around and see all of it on the map. Given your proximity to the M25, you shouldn't have to scroll very far :eek:.

OK. The presence of the solid vertical bar at least indicates that it is trying.
I'm wondering if there's some problem with the reporting in your area up north of town.

On to those other steps.
When traffic first fires up successfully after a link to the traffic server, a little banner comes up in the upper right that reports the total number of incidents and miles of roads covered for your general geographic area. Are you seeing anything there?
Using the menu, switch to Live Services / Traffic / Browse map, and during a period of heavy traffic, you should be able to scroll around and see all of it on the map. Given your proximity to the M25, you shouldn't have to scroll very far :eek:.

No there are no incidents showing on the traffic information all I get is a few minutes delay showing at the top of the vertical bar depending on the time of day so I'm sure it's only the IQ route that is showing.

So watching carefully on power up, there is NEVER a little white banner with black print that defines incident count and miles involved? That would seem to indicate that there's no traffic data being received, though if the bar is present on the right side (without spinning clock circle or yellow triangle), the device believes it's synced with traffic.

And if you can't ever see any traffic on the M25, that's a key issue, and there's clearly something amiss.

Ask a Question