XL LIVE Subscription - and other problems

I bought an XL LIVE IQ Europe on Saturday, with Free Live 12 months subscription.. I found that although I could access the other services, the Live Traffic showed an error symbol. I sent an e-mail to TT Services on Sunday.

Today I rang them; when I eventually got through, I was told they'd send me an e-mail about the steps I should take. I tried to protest that, according to various posts from people with the same problem, these steps cured nothing, and eventually the solution came from adjustments at the TT end. To no avail - I had to go through these steps (reset to factory settings, on/off reset, etc.). Ok, I've spent the last 5 hours on this, but I have sent the System Information to TT Support.

After I did the factory settings and on/off reset, I had a screen showing a lot of data about the unit, similar to windows BIOS screen. The instructions hadn't mentioned this, so when it was obvious that it wasn't going to go away, I switched the unit off again.

I switched it on again...got the main screen....looked OK (except still an error symbol instead of Live Traffic), so I tried a route. When I tried to browse the route, on every step I got "planning route" followed by "no route planned". On going back to main screen, I got "replanning", followed by a bar going across the screen, over and over.

So I started again, with "back to factory settings", did the whole routine. Now I can plan a route, browse it, no problem. Except that when I go back to the main screen, I get "replanning", and it adds another two steps...go the other direction down my street....turn round, come back again. Then to the route I had before.

I really, really want to like the TT, but I'm just getting fed up with it.

Does anyone know what's causing these problems? Should I reformat the device and restore my (explorer) backup? Should I just take it back to john lewis and get a garman or navigon?

Only trouble with last step ... I've ordered a case and charger from Amazon, and they're on their way.

I've now found out what the "replanning" is, from a post about a month or so ago. When you prepare a route, using a starting point away from your current position, you can browse it, run as a demo, etc. As soon as you go back to the main screen, the unit will calculate a route from your current position to the destination.....I don't recall this being mentioned in the manual. This is when it shows "replanning".

I don't know if it's that sensitive, but sitting on the settee playing with the unit, I was actually facing the "wrong" way down the street, which may be why it sent me in that direction and told me to turn round..

I don't suppose anyone has collected all these undocumented "features"?

Ask a Question