Issues/problems with install of map 930

I've just tried to install the update on my 2435TM; it seems to be impossible to get the full US/CAN maps, due to an "insufficient free space" error. The web interface only allows me to remove the previous map (3GB) and the tiny Speed Cameras file (0.09MB); the space thusly freed seems to be insufficient for the whole new map (3.3GB) and, obviously, without direct access to the filesystem, I'm unable to delete other stuff.
What's really annoying is the fact that I'm unable to get rid of Mexico: the Map Zones DO NOT offer US+Canada, just parts of US (Eastern, Western, Northen) plus Canada -- and Southern US + Mexico.

This seems to be a BIG oversight for TomTom. I couldn't care less about Mexico, but I really need the whole US map, plus Canada.

Oh, and again: it's a 2435TM, so no SD slot.

Call CS and see if there is a 930 map for your device of just US & Canada. And, if so, to add it to your account.

CS:

United States
866 486 6866
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EDT

I just tired to update to Map 930 on my 540XXLTM. I get the following error.
Maperror.PNG

Are there any computer voices you are not using that you might be able to remove?

Hi,

Since I installed the new 9.30 Maps to my GO LIVE 1005 I don't seem to have any fixed speed cameras anymore?:( (Luckily I know all of them on the roads I usually take...) Any ideas what might be the prob. here?

My Live subscription is still valid for another 2 years...

Thanks!

Model 1505. Not enough internal memory to load new map so I downloaded NE USA & CA regional map.
Later I installed more mem and would like to revert to full CA USA Mexico map. Cannot see anywhere that this can be done
It appears that the solution lies in a call to TT support. I hope I am missing something.

Thanks for any help
oldster
Halifax Ca

(You would think it would take a TT programmer about 2 minutes to add the full map to the list of regional maps they make available for download)

@Oldster
Yes, I had this same problem. Installed an 8GB uSD card into my Via 1535 and the full US/Can/Mex map still wasn't offered to me, either.
I believe your idea of placing a call to tech support is the best way of assuring that the full map is offered.

I was able to install a map of Europe onto my 2435 without any problems and it's smaller in size than the new N Am v 9.30!
After chatting with CS, I was told that you have to install v 9.30 in map zones...It's not possible to remove any things that I don't use from my 2435 device. So, I guess, we are SOL!!!

Yes, the NAM map for Nav3 units continues to grow quickly. I have an 8GB uSD card installed, so I was (fortunately) offered the full map again. My downloads were as follows:

Europe is showing up as 2,837,976,382 and
USA_Canada_and_Mexico is showing up as 3,977,501,302
The full map clearly won't reside on a unit with 4GB of internal now. 200MB is automatically reserved for verification of new firmware alone. Your 2435 has only 4GB of internal memory and no uSD card slot!

That is possible I guess but up until this map I've never had an issue. The map appears to be the same size as before.
I removed all but the voice I use and the map is now installing. I wonder how much more the maps will continue to grow before I lose features to fit the map.

Model 1505. Not enough internal memory to load new map so I downloaded NE USA & CA regional map.
Later I installed more mem and would like to revert to full CA USA Mexico map. Cannot see anywhere that this can be done
It appears that the solution lies in a call to TT support. I hope I am missing something.

Thanks for any help
oldster
Halifax Ca

(You would think it would take a TT programmer about 2 minutes to add the full map to the list of regional maps they make available for download)

Call CS. There is a MyDrive bug, the MyDrive software cannot install a full map on SD if a map zone is already installed on internal. If CS identifies you have this bug, they can remotely delete the zone so the software installs a full map on SD. MyDrive zones are new to the North American call center so not all of them are aware of the steps, you can ask the CSR to refer to defect # CCARE-1057 if they are unaware of the steps.

@Oldster
Yes, I had this same problem. Installed an 8GB uSD card into my Via 1535 and the full US/Can/Mex map still wasn't offered to me, either.
I believe your idea of placing a call to tech support is the best way of assuring that the full map is offered.
I cannot seem to get MyDrive to load the map onto the sd card. It says reading card on the device for a while then it says purchase a card or insert memory card on mydrive. What is the solution to making this stupid program put the map on the sd card please... the 800 number for the US gives a survey robot question. This whole company sucks in my opinion,

When you originally inserted the uSD card, did the unit offer to format it for you? It needs to start out formatted as FAT32, but when you install it, your TomTom should offer to add its own special format to the card once the device has been manually rebooted.

Last edited:
I had to reboot my 1605 with the SD card already inserted and then it offered to format the card. After that the full NA map was installed on the card without any issues.

Just installed 930 USA&Canada map on a GO Live 1535 but had to delete some other stuff from the SD card to make space for it.

@rama_23
When you are MyDrive My Content, what do you see for the Device and Memory Card for MB Used and MB Free?

I got the card to format after Reboot as suggested so that worked, and now when the unit powers up it says reading card, and then says empty card. The ? is how to load the maps on to the card? I have no clue as there are no instructions, nothing from TT. I called customer support today and was told that the sd card is pretty much useless as 1) it has to be specific brands according to the guy, who did not even know which ones 2) he also said anyway they are working on a fix to mydrive so as it does not work just use map zones, ie. even though my unit now has us / canada / mexico I had to downgrade to only US to get it to load 930 maps on to the device. Any info on how to load the whole shebang on the sd card and make it work would be most appreciated.
Many Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question