Installation problems/issues with map 970

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
Any issues/problems with the installation of the 970 map should be discussed here.

Have learned that many devices will NOT be getting 970 maps today after all. See below:

MAPS TO BE RELEASED LATER

GO AND START 4X, 5X, 6X SERIES / GO 400, 5X0, 6X0 / 5X00, 6X00, RIDER 4X0/40

Western Europe
  • Russia
  • Europe (for Rider 4x0/40)
  • Central Europe (for Rider 4x0/40)
  • USA, Canada and Mexico (for Rider 4x0/40)
UCONNECT (2015)

Europe

DEVICES CONNECTING TO TOMTOM HOME

Southern Europe
  • Poland
  • Russia
  • Russia, Baltics, Finland
  • United States
  • USA Canada 1GB
  • USA, Canada and Mexico

A release for these maps is planned for mid-June.

A bit confusing -- did the bullets for the first item in each section not cooperate?

Not clear what the issue(s) might be to cause the delay...........But even devices like the 720, 730, 930 with extra storage capacity have to wait for the full U_C_M map.

Wondering about YOUR bullets in the lists. Are first entries of each supposed to be 'bulleted'? It almost makes the first entries look like some kind of subcategories, but that didn't make sense as I was reading them.

I'm guessing it was intended to look like this. As you say, odd collection to be held back. Wonder what went wrong during the map build?

MAPS TO BE RELEASED LATER

GO AND START 4X, 5X, 6X SERIES / GO 400, 5X0, 6X0 / 5X00, 6X00, RIDER 4X0/40
  • Western Europe
  • Russia
  • Europe (for Rider 4x0/40)
  • Central Europe (for Rider 4x0/40)
  • USA, Canada and Mexico (for Rider 4x0/40)
UCONNECT (2015)

Europe

• Southern Europe
  • Poland
  • Russia
  • Russia, Baltics, Finland
  • United States
  • USA Canada 1GB
  • USA, Canada and Mexico

A further 'explanation' was this:

This release was indeed even more complicated than the previous ones. I've just edited the announcement in an attempt to make it more clear.

So in a nutshell, only maps of Europe and North America regions were released now with the exceptions listed above. The rest of the world, and truck and camper maps, will be released in June.

Somewhat cryptic, eh?

Certainly is. Well, at least my GO 600 has a new map for NAM.

I received an email from TomTom this morning telling me a new map was available. I connected to TomTom Home but there was now new map. Just updates to GPS positioning and mapshares. Apparently the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.:mad:

Apparently, you're going to need to wait till mid June for the 970 map for your device using Home.

Yup. Since his device is XXL540, delay is covered here:

• USA, Canada and Mexico

Could be that there's no logic employed (or perhaps no model info for each email address) on Marketing's email blasts. Could be just a simple dump-and-send operation. Guess it depends upon where Marketing is getting their addresses, and whether they're building special lists from it or just blazing through the whole thing.

@thomasjk
Did you register your 540 with an email account that you check regularly?
Anyway, these come out quarterly, but there was a delay for some models on this last 970 map. Apart from that, you can usually assume a new one about every 3 months.

Yeah, remaining 970 maps were released about three days ago...........about 6 WEEKS late!

@thomasjk
Did you register your 540 with an email account that you check regularly?
Anyway, these come out quarterly, but there was a delay for some models on this last 970 map. Apart from that, you can usually assume a new one about every 3 months.

Yes my 540 is registered. I received an email on May 24 telling me to download. Of course it wasn't available then. I'm familiar with the schedule.

Ask a Question