Help Needed, please - XL IQ - No GPS connection & rebooting

TomTom Model(s)
XL IQ
I have a TomTom XL IQ - just after I connected it to my laptop and performed update and back up; the device couldn't connect to any GPS signal, and reboots every one minute.
Please help
salahsakka

Try a drum reset on the unit by holding the power button about 20 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole.

If that doesn't help, make an Explorer, not Home, backup. See HERE. Then format the unit, don't use quickformat, and then restore the backup.

Thank you for your reply. I followed the procedures that you mentioned, but no change the case, still rebooting and no gps signal.
Salah Sakka
Ottawa, Canada

Plan B...........

Assuming you do have the Explorer backup........

Connect to Home..... See if you can run the emulator (Operate my Unit). If so, add a favourite or edit a favourite or delete a favourite. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Any better?

I repeated the procedures you mentioned on your reply of Saturday, and ... finally it worked perfectly.
Thanks so much for your help

Salah Sakka
Ottawa, Canada

Ask a Question