Help in updating a 2nd 720 on one computer??

TomTom Model(s)
First what a GREAT site and thanks for the posting of how to get voice recognition on the 720. After only 25 hours and 5 attempts onthe "get latest map" site I finally got all I needed and it WORKS.
Now for my question of which I REALLY need help. A snowbird friend got a new 720 after seeing mine and wants me to update his to the voice recognition. The problem is he is from Delaware and he is staying in warm as pie Texas for another 3 to 4 months and does not have his computer as it is a desktop and not a laptop.
So can I do any of the following so he can get his free map upgrade, ver 7.221 and I can add the support file????
First can Ijust copy and paste to his 720. Second can I just use my back up with his 720 in the cradle and my last backup and Lastly do I have to just bite the bullet and do the steps of creating an TOMTOM account and just sign as him and see if I can get the downloads on my laptop to his 720.
Thanks and detail steps would be much appreciated

if i remember correctly tt home will not let you connect to a different unit (it looks at ser #) unless you are signed in under a different user id. nobig deal though just enter a different email and ur done

do I have to just bite the bullet and do the steps of creating an TOMTOM account and just sign as him and see if I can get the downloads on my laptop to his 720.

I think so. As lmautone says, as soon as you start HOME with your friend's GPS connected you will get an error message about serial numbers not matching and it will ask you to create a new account.

But this is really a better solution in your case anyway, since it will keep everything separate for each of you. What's annoying is when you have two TomTom's of your own, or if you switch to a different model. It pretty much forces you to register again under a different e-mail address.

Ask a Question