Please Help! Updating= dead device

Please Help! Updating= weird map selection/deleted

I just updated to the latest firmware on my 720 and it would not boot up after. I followed instructions to delete all root loose files (but not folders) and then reinstalled the app and it looks fine.

However, only Guam is on the device! I had the latest maps too! How do I fix this? I did a backup before I did all of this but if I restore, won't it restore my error i had before? (I updated after I installed the update and got the error but before I did the deleting of the root files).

THANK YOU!

Last edited:
From your backup use a file manager to copy only the map folder back on to your unit. the navcore you just installed won't be touched.

after getting the maps back on the tomtom and things working fine with the new navcore make another backup.

i just updated to the latest firmware on my 720 and it would not boot up after. I followed instructions to delete all root loose files (but not folders) and then reinstalled the app and it looks fine.

However, only guam is on the device! I had the latest maps too! How do i fix this? I did a backup before i did all of this but if i restore, won't it restore my error i had before? (i updated after i installed the update and got the error but before i did the deleting of the root files).

Thank you!

had same problem when i talked to tech support she said that their was a limit of downloads that are accepted. Tech support had to reset their computers for this download again.

Ask a Question