XL335SE not updating HELP!!!

I have just gotten this GPS and I am new to the process. I hooked it up to my computer to get the free update and it keeps giving me an error message and will not download anything. Mine has the 850.2781 and it tries to update me to 865.3254 and I keep getting the message
ERROR: -302/#http://download.tomtom.com/865/high...BtE3agX9fj+ GZhAeZKNT8XaLTcmUHJIfxr16ivqlGA=: Error from server: Found
Found
Error code: HTTP 302
URL: http://download.tomtom.com/865/high...gBtE3agX9fj+ GZhAeZKNT8XaLTcmUHJIfxr16ivqlGA=
Additional information: info = [object]
info.method = [string] GET
info.resumeOffset = [number] 0
info.resumeDownloadEnabled = [boolean] false
info.entityID = [string]
info.file = [string] C:\Documents and Settings\pv01404\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\map\North_America_2GB\North_America_2GB.zip
info.metaFile = [string] C:\Documents and Settings\pv01404\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\temp\81fe88c2ad866a44d7f933b8cc9b2522.tmp.meta
info.tempFile = [string] C:\Documents and Settings\pv01404\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\temp\81fe88c2ad866a44d7f933b8cc9b2522.tmp

Severity: 1105
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/logic/netutil.js:97
return new ServerError(responseStatusText, -responseStatusCode, aChannel.URI.spec, undefined, additionalInfo);
1. chrome://tthome/content/logic/downloader.js:363
exception = NetUtil.isRequestSuccess(this._channel, aStatus, this._getRequestInfo());

Time: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 18:03:02 GMT

what can I do???

Xl 335 se

Got my XL 335 SE yesterday. I did as suggested here on the forums and did a copy/paste of the GPS files to a folder on my computer (not related to TomTom) then did the update. In my case it worked fine, I did read that you need a fast internet connection and to use one of the USB ports that are on the back of the computer instead of one on the front or the monitor, etc. Not sure these suggestions are of any help but thought I would throw them out there. It would also appear that these units are very particular when it comes to disconnecting them from the computer. (Need to use the eject button on the lower right hand corner of the TomTom Home menu.)

Tomtom's had a lot of server updates over the last 48 hours. You could have been trying when the server was down.

Try again now as it might work.

:mad:OK, i'm at my end with this thing... I have talked to TS and the guy on there had me delete everything, luckly I had made a copie of the old maps and put them on my desktop. After all the talking and deleteing nothing worked and i had lost my map he had me delete. so when i went to copy it back into the folder the folders were gone because he had me delete them as well. I did get them back on the device by backing up the device and then copying the map over into the backup file and then restored and so now i'm back where i started from. I can download other things (like my son downloaded a Mario car symbol with no problem) but the maps just won't download. I asked them if I needed to update to an older version first but they said that should not make a difference. I have 850 and I know there are a few between 850 and 865 so I'm not sure if that makes a diference. It would be really nice if they could just send you the file and you copy and paste it into your file, that would be so nice... if any of you would like to send me that file that would be awesome. I guess I'll figure it out but according to the guy it could be my computer...Yah right...:mad:

... if any of you would like to send me that file that would be awesome.
Actually, it wouldn't be awesome .. because what we send you wouldn't work on your unit. Maps are keyed to the serial number of the unit for which they were to be installed. The TomTom firmware assures that you can't trade maps between units.

Ask a Question