XL335SE Windows 7

Trying to get tomtom connected to my computer and a Windows 7 message says Unknown Device not found when I try to plugin to USB port. I have tried just about everything I know to get it connected but can't. Anyone else with Windows 7 having this problem? Is there any way to get it connected. TomTom Home shows a small message at botom right of screen that also says no device found. One thing it does seems to do is charge even though device isn't found. Under device manager it gives ths message foe the unknown device.

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Last edited:
What have you tried? Have you reset the unit? (hold the power button for about 20 seconds if no dedicated reset hole on your unit).

I've tried about everything, reset unit a couple times. Windows 7 finds the device but says its unknown so I can't use TomTom Home. My son found somewhere that my unit is uncompatable with Win7.

I bought it at WalMart less than a month ago and may return it. If I do. I'll try one with lifetime maps and pray it will connnect. The price of new maps are outragious in the 1st place and then I couldn't get them on my current TomTom anyway.

Nothing worked so I took the XL335SE back for a refund and purchased an xxl 535t. Had to pay alot more for the new unit but it connects.:):mad: Tried to get the free map update but its like 1.6 gig and a 2hr 30min DL.:mad: Will try this unit out for 20-25 days to see if it's worth the price. Also can't find any reviews anywhere about it which kinda scares me.

Make sure that:
1. you make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents
2. you create a different email address/password for the new unit than you had for the olther one. Doesn't even have to be a real email address, just in the proper (e-mail address removed) format.

The 535 has only usb 1.1 compliance, not 2.0. Thus it takes a loooooong time to copy to/from the unit.

Ask a Question