GO920 won't GO right

I had forgotten one very important step.

Close HOME the proper way but leave the 920 connected.

In Windows Explorer can you see the Folders F and G ?

If yes, make a new folder on your C: drive called TT_BU_05062013 or something that you will find back on your PC when needed.

Still says no device connect but prom p s acts liked nothing wrong,,,,screen now info sharing. yes,,,no

but prom p s acts liked nothing wrong
I don't know what you are saying.

,,,,screen now info sharing. yes,,,no

YES

Scene asked if I wanted to s hare info with them to enable them to help us ,,,I am now back to select internal memory. or memory card. . Unable to follow instruction after you stated you forgot an important step

After closing I went back to TomTom in my computer. long story short , screen now is ,,,,, getting updates automatically. . TomTom go 920 now seen in l power right of screen,,,,,still loading, still loading

[ Unable to follow instruction after you stated you forgot an important step
After that line came the next:

After closing I went back to TomTom in my computer. long story short , screen now is ,,,,, getting updates automatically. . TomTom go 920 now seen in l power right of screen,,,,,still loading, still loading
If you want me to try to help, there is no long story short. If I do not get a step by step report of what you are doing I cannot advise you on how to proceed.

I do not know what is happening when you say "TomTom go 920 now seen in l power right of screen"

I have downloaded loaded the updates and backed the info up using Tom Tom homes prompts

I tried to give a lengthy explanations but by the time I got it all typed out, the screen changed and would not allow me to post it, after happening twice I had shorten my answer

My concern now is that since directions were not given properly , and I went on to do, what thought was right, I have no real knowledge that unit was updated, or if back up procedure was done correctly. All that aside, I have on my pc installed, a program called deep freeze, so that when I turn CP off and then back on the stored info will disappear, as if never installed, I forgot to turn deep freeze off before starting all this with the TomTom unit.

Thanks for all your help, I guess time will tell if update was done I have ordered a new battery, to take that potential problem out of the equation, I am guessing that I would not need the back-up of the unit, until, unless the unit somehow crashed, I guess I will just hope that does not happen, I wish though that I could somehow, record the unit now the way that it is, to maybe save for future needs, just incase.

Yup. Recommended way back in Post #4.

I know but there has been a lot of 'water under the bridge' in this thread since then, if you catch my drift..............

I did try to follow these instructions, but not knowing how to open internet explorer stopped that pretty quick

Have googled instructions and am attempting to back up info, will not get far before I need help

Ask a Question