GO Live 540

Hi, Just purchased the GO LIVE 540 Uk & Ireland Sat Nav.
Also purchased a 12 month subscription for LIVE Services from the TomTom website, but my sat nav informs me that i do not have a connection to LIVE Services.....can anybody please tell me what i am doing wrong. Regards Sue

Last edited:
Firstly lets see if the device has a server connection, switch it on and tap the sat strength meter (lower right corner) followed by the version box, in the center of the screen along the lower edge is "Network" please tap that, on the Network status page what is displayed is it connected and amount of signal strength etc - Mike

Hi Mike,
Did what you said......STATUS: Not Connected & Signal strength is on 4 bars, but keeps changing
Sue

Bad news

Sorry to tell you that I had two faulty 540 units that wouldn't connect to Live Services, and loads of other people in the UK have experienced the same problem.

Tomtom customer services never came up with a solution so I should return your unit and wait for the 550 which will be available in a few days.

Firstly there has been an issue with the server at TomTom over the past 12 hours or so, also is this your first TomTom device/ software? if it isn't have you used a unique e-mail address to register the device? this must be an e-mail address that you have never used for any other TomTom product - Mike

Hi
No, its not my first tomtom, but i am using a unique email addy. Plus i have been on the phone tomtom & explained my problem, like you said there is a server problem at there end & to try later.
BTW the error code i get is 107 if that helps? Sue

Ask a Question