Full Charge = Powersave Mode ??

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 3rd, GO 720
Maybe it's something I checked in the preferences, but...
every time my ONE 3rd reaches a fully charged state, the unit appears* to go into powersave mode and the screen continually fades to black.

Funny thing is when its battery is a bit drained, it behaves as expected (ie. its screen is always on, so long as there's power to the plug, and when the engine shuts off, it fades black).

Not sure what to do. I've tried shutting it down & restarting it, in various combinations--with & without power connected. My current workaround is to drain its battery a bit (leave it unplugged for a few miles), so that it goes into charging mode.

Any suggestions would be welcome, here... :rolleyes:

*(I'm not 100% certain that the cause of all this as a Full Charge--could be a coincidence. It may just be confused about the state of the power plug.)

What happens to it if you plug it in with it turned off. Charge it. Then unplug it and turn it on?
Charge it fully? Or just enough for it to recognize, ..oh, ..the current difference or something?

I haven't tried this yet. But I do remember in the past we've had Windows laptops which became "confused" about their power/battery states, when unplugged while sleeping. Occasionally, they'd say "on A/C" when actually drawing from the battery. Then they'd say "on Batt" when you attached the power cable.

Thought TomToms might have similar problems.

R?

Ask a Question