Full UK mapping disappeared! Please help!!!

Hi,

I wonder if you can help me. About a month ago I plugged in my GO540 to do an update as usual. This has caused the device to malfunction badly and I have been going round and round with customer services.

As it was a simple update I hadn't backed up my device (yes I know!) I lost all mapping and also the device kept cycling round and round. I have now fixed this but my device only has the full western Europe mapping as an option and I can't seem to download the full UK mapping from Tomtom anywhere without paying for a new map which seems totally unfair since it has disappeared as a result of a simple update!

My device has no voice command anymore and no full postcode search for the UK.

My live services are paid for and active.

If I try to update my device it says it is fully up to date.

Please can you suggest a way for me to get my full UK mapping back?

Cheers

Jon

Is not the UK included as part of the Western_Europe map? I think it is.......

As far as the postal codes are concerned..........

Download this file:
http://www.tomtom.com/updates/zipcodes/Map_890/zip.zip

and use WinRar to extract the contents to a folder called zip in the root of your unit, NOT in the specific map folder.

That should get your full postal codes working.

See if you have a text file in the asr folder called support_asr.dat with nothing in it but a 1, no carriage returns, blanks, nothing else. Just the 1.

If not, create it with Notepad but make sure the file is NOT saved as support_asr.dat.txt. (uncheck Hide extensions for known file types in Control Panel-->Folder options-->View-->Advanced.)

Hi

Thanks for your help with all this....

Neither file existed. So I've sorted the asr file but there is no zip file or folder for the postcodes.

Where should I put it and how should I create it?

Many thanks again,

Jon

As it turns out, the link I listed has faulty data for UK postal codes. It should be resolved in a day or two. Try to download it in a couple of days.

Then, the extracted files will go into a folder called zip (all lower case) in the root of the unit. If a folder called zip does not exist, create it using Windows Explorer.

Then extract the files for UK (there will be 2 for the UK and 2 for the Netherlands -- don't know whether you need those) into the zip folder.

I've tried adding a file called zip to the root memory of both the unit and the memory card and filling it with the date in the link you posted but when I press postcode on the device it comes up with "file access error".

Please could you tell me where i'm going wrong?

Ask a Question