How to Tell When a One v3 is fully charged?

Does the green light on top go out when the unit is fully charged?

Is there a screen you can get to that tells the percentage charged?

Or do you just plug it in for a few hours and assume it's okay?

Thanks,

Dan

With my V2, the green light stays on whenever the TT1 is charging, regardless of whether the battery is fully charged or not charged at all. If I want to check the battery strength, I click on the menu screen in the bottom right hand corner of the navigation screen, that shows your speed, signal quality, time, etc, and it brings up a map page that has a battery level indicator in the upper right hand corner. That can be difficult though if you are connected to your computer, as if you turn your TT1 on, it activates TT home, and the unit display typically only shows the warning to not disconnect your device.

That's correct, just click in the lower right corner to bring up a screen showing the state of the battery charge. When the unit is actually charging, there will be the battery indicator AND the word "charging" showing. When fully charged the word "charging" disappears.

works the same way with the car charger or a 120 volt charger.

the light on top of the unit lights up when the charger is plugged in, but unfortunately stays on all the time, even if the battery is fully charged, so it is no help in indicating charge state.

Attachments

• dump304660088.jpg
    dump304660088.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
This also happens with the One LE. During my first attempt, I thought it was taking too long to fully charge (as you are instructed to charge it when you first open the box), since I was expecting the green light to turn off. Thank God I lost my patience, or else it would still be connected... lol

Ask a Question