Flashing X on Device

TomTom Model(s)
One 2nd edition
My tomtom one 2nd edition has flashing x when I turn it on. If I install a sd card a picture of a sd card appears with an x. When I attach to my computer it stops both of these problems, but once I detach it does the same thing. I have tried a soft reset, no luck. My computer crashed with the backup and I have no way of restoring. What do I do?

Make an Explorer, not a Home, backup with the sd card installed. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html

Then connect to Home. Manage my Unit (2nd page). Items on Device-->Application, select to remove. And Items on Computer-->application, select to remove.

Then, in Home, Update my Unit. An application should be offered. Accept, install and disconnect the unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Restart the unit.

Any better?

dhn
I am not tech savvy. Please explain how to use finder. What am I looking for, etc. Thanks

Finder is the file manager included with the Mac Operating System.

I suggest you get a friend or family member to assist in order not to have a bad result, sorry.

Thanks dhn. I think I figured it out. It seems to be downloading to a folder on my hard drive. So, I'll just reverse the process to the tomtom. Gooch67

Ask a Question