File access error

I just upgraded my TomTom ONE and now when I try to change a setting on it, I get the error:

Unable to store settings:
file access error

I checked the space on the 1GB SD card and there is 29.5MB free.

I tried the backup/restore but didn't help.

Any ideas?

THANKS

File Access Error - Unable to store map settings.

I just upgraded my TomTom ONE and now when I try to change a setting on it, I get the error:

Unable to store settings:
file access error

I checked the space on the 1GB SD card and there is 29.5MB free.

I tried the backup/restore but didn't help.

Any ideas?

THANKS
-----------------------------
6 Jun 08
I have been getting the same sort or error on my GO720 (new) V 7.481 Australia Map v700.1491 since I upgraded OS.
It happens each time I switch countries and then it can't find any POIs. They are there & displayed on the map but can't FIND them when I try to navigate & Find for them. No sites nor text come up in the Find list - it is empty.
Happens whether I have the 2GB SD card for Germany in or not (Aust internal RAM).
Could it be faulty internal memory ? Lost link ?
Corrupted directory for POIs only ?
But if i go onto Germany map & serach OK . when I come back Aust is OK ????
Strange ....
Any one got an idea to test?
Thanks
Heaps
AlphaTango
:eek:

I assume that each map does have a separate poi.dat file residing within its map folder, yes?

You may want to try this. Switch maps and then do a pin reset. Then try to find a poi. Still get the error?

This is caused by the file gns if you have done a back up delete all inside the file and use your back up to put the files back onto your device.
This file as far as i am aware is to do with tomtom traffic as when i removed it completly from my device traffic would not work untill i reinstalled .
Hope this will help any one who has this problem .
this may reacure if so each time repeat ,i think its a software issue which i have disscused with tomtom surport to no advaile
vx220

Ask a Question