VIA1505T File System Access? Also Micro SD slot question.

My old GO 700 finally gave up the ghost after six years of regular use, so I just bought a VIA1505T to replace it. Please excuse me if this is a lame question, but is there any way to access the file system on this unit? I'm guessing there's not, since it doesn't connect as a drive when plugged into USB.

Also, the user manual and all the specs I can find on this unit say that it does not have a Micro SD slot, but my unit does indeed have one next to the power connector. Is this slot active, or is it a dummy slot that is for use in similar models that use the same form factor? Also, what is this slot to be used for if there's no file system access? Loading maps?

My old GO 700 finally gave up the ghost after six years of regular use, so I just bought a VIA1505T to replace it. Please excuse me if this is a lame question, but is there any way to access the file system on this unit?
Nope - these new platform units don't look like external drives.

Also, the user manual and all the specs I can find on this unit say that it does not have a Micro SD slot, but my unit does indeed have one next to the power connector. Is this slot active, or is it a dummy slot that is for use in similar models that use the same form factor? Also, what is this slot to be used for if there's no file system access? Loading maps?
At present, I don't think the 1505 uSD slot is active. That's not to say it might not be activated in a later firmware release. SOME day, I'm sure TT would love to sell maps for these things. When that might happen is another question.

Nope - these new platform units don't look like external drives.

I wonder if there's any way to force them to appear as external drives? I had an MP3 player a couple of years ago (original Zune) that didn't appear as an external drive and could only be accessed using the manufacturers software, but could be forced to appear as an external drive by changing a value in the computer's registry.

I wonder if there's any way to force them to appear as external drives?
Nope. These new units are little mini-servers, and while they use a USB connection, what's really happening is TCP/IP over a USB hardware connection. Part of what you loaded was the USB/TCP bridge.

Ask a Question