Accessing ITN files

I've got a TomTom One 3ed. I've used Tyre to create a map and downloaded it to the TomTom. I can see it as an ITN on the TomTom but I don't know how to access it from the TomTom. How do you open a ITN file that you've created? Is there a way to get TomTom to save routes that I create as I drive?

Thanks.

Don

You access your .ITN file through Plan Itinerary. As for saving your route, I think it saves recent destinations - or at least it does on some models. I've not played around with that at all - so I can't comment on that part of it.

I've got a TomTom One 3ed. I've used Tyre to create a map and downloaded it to the TomTom. I can see it as an ITN on the TomTom but I don't know how to access it from the TomTom. How do you open a ITN file that you've created? Is there a way to get TomTom to save routes that I create as I drive?

Thanks.

Don

By default, the itinerary function is turned off on the One 3rd Edition. Search this forum for information on how to create a custom menu, in which you will add the Itinerary button as part of your custom menu. Once you've done that, you will be able to choose your ITN files.

The problem with the custom menu on the One 3rd Edition is that you will lose some features that you might like, such as the Help button and the Mapshare functions. But have no fear--do another search on this forum for a utility called MenuTT, which will allow you to toggle back and forth between your custom menu and the default TomTom menu you have now.

Hope this helps,

Steve

People keep saying that they are losing the MapShare function, but I believe this is incorrect - at least it is on my XL-S... YOu can still access Map Corrections through the Browse Map function (then hit the Blue dot menu).

By default, the itinerary function is turned off on the One 3rd Edition. Search this forum for information on how to create a custom menu, in which you will add the Itinerary button as part of your custom menu. Once you've done that, you will be able to choose your ITN files.

The problem with the custom menu on the One 3rd Edition is that you will lose some features that you might like, such as the Help button and the Mapshare functions. But have no fear--do another search on this forum for a utility called MenuTT, which will allow you to toggle back and forth between your custom menu and the default TomTom menu you have now.

Hope this helps,

Steve

As Steve states, follow my instructions below for a Custom menu on the 3rd Edition:
>>> Custom Menu <<<

Thanks.

Don
Go to Preferences and select Show All Menus. You can then select and manage Itineraries. At least that how it works on the TT1 LE.

Go to Preferences and select Show All Menus. You can then select and manage Itineraries. At least that how it works on the TT1 LE.

There is no "Show All Menus" on the 3rd Edition....this, is my biggest gripe with TomTom for hte release of the 'better' 3rd edition.

Ask a Question