Error when updating QuickGPSfix

TomTom Model(s)
GO 730T
Today, when I connected my GO 730, HOME (v 2.6.2.264) had a message that there is a critical update to HOME. But the TomTom site's most recent version for HOME is 2.6.1.238.

Then I got the normal "Getting Updates Automatically" screen. Two items: Safety Cameras (32KB) and QuickGPSfix (60KB).

But when I hit "Update and Install" I get an error message saying that I don't have enough free space to install. But I have 211.9MB of free space on the GO.

What's going on?

The details of the error message are:

ERROR: DesktopLib/InstallToDevice/GetInstallable/DiskFull: There is not enough space on drive / to temporarily store your new files. Please make some space available on this drive and then run the installation again.
@ /usr/local/parabuild/etc/build/b36236co/a/u/t/o/CodeBase/Sources/Home/DesktopSuite/../DesktopLib/framework/InstallToDeviceThread.cpp(977)

in /usr/local/parabuild/etc/build/b36236co/a/u/t/o/CodeBase/Sources/Home/DesktopSuite/../DesktopLib/framework/InstallToDeviceThread.cpp:977
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:84
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1032
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:81
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Time: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 22:04:59 GMT

Is this a TomTom error? I have 1.48GB free space on my machine.

Terrell

Some questions:
  1. How much space do you have on your hard drive?
  2. In Home, tools, folder preferences, do the locations shown (especially for downloads) match your locations? In other words, do you have all your locations set to your c:\ drive or have you changed some to a D:\ drive?
  3. Do you have dot net framework installed on your computer? You probably do (check in Control Panel)-->Add/Remove Programs. If you don't however, you can dl and install from here

Thanks for the reply.
1. 1.48 GB
2. I don't have a \c or \d drive, I'm using a Mac.
3. No idea what a dot net framework is.

Well, I discovered something. The TT seems to need at least as much free space on the HD as what's on the TT. I had thought 1.48GB free was enough, but it was not. When I freed up space on my HD it worked again just fine.

Ask a Question