Error updating

TomTom Model(s)
tomtomone 3rd edition
I plugged in my gps and got an error before it updated it said,

ERROR: DesktopLib/DeviceItemScan/ERROR: Error during scanning for navigation items
Homebase/IO: Error reading file: h:\ephem\ee_meta.txt
@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(1944)
@ .\framework\deviceItemsscannerThread.cpp(74)
in .\framework\DeviceitemsScannerThread.cpp:74
Stack:
0. functioerrorabortTask chrome://tthome/content/logic/ttTask.js:510
error(e);
1.chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllutils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
2.chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllutils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

anybody got any ideas on what caused it or how to cure it.
I have tried resetting and backup but does not work??:cool:

I assume your TomTom is represented by drive "H"? If so, Home is having trouble reading one or more files off your TomTom. As it happens, it's not a critical file, but even if it were deleted (which it can be, along with the rest of the content of that particular folder), you might just run into another one.

As for dhn's link, WARNING: note that the first step is to back up your unit. We recommend this procedure instead of using Home (click here) --> https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html

This procedure may ALSO fail if there are problems reading your device. If so, let us know, because we will first want to be 100% assured that we can at least get your map backed up before you continue with that procedure!!! So for now, just use our recommended backup procedure and let us know how that works for you. If need be, we may have to try to back your map up separately.

It's also possible that you are dealing with USB issues .. are you using the original cable, and a port on the rear of your PC?

Ask a Question