Error while updating TomTomXXL

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XXL
Hi

I am having massive problems trying to update this thing.

I get the following error;

ERROR: HomeBase/IO: Error writing file: J:\antitheftw.bmp
@ .\portable\cfile.cpp(1947)
0000045D
in .\portable\cfile.cpp:1947
Stack:
0. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/commit.js:82
error(textOrException);
1. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1061
this._commitFailed(i, commitPage);
2. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:79
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
3. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:77
this._errorCallback(e);
4. chrome://tthome/content/logic/dllUtils.js:69
this._errorFatal(error);

Welcome to TTF.

What exactly are you trying to update when the error takes place? A map? Mapshares? Application?

The file referenced in the error is one of the shutdown screens.

Did you succeed in downloading the map before the rrror took place? If so, look for it here:

C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

If you did succeed with that, we can work out the rest...

For starters, make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. If not sure how, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...4-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer.html

OK Yes the maps are there. I am trying to back it up as per the instructions in your link.

I'm talking about the downloaded map you were trying to update. You said it was in the location I noted in a previous post. It's on the computer (for now), not the unit.

The goal is to get it onto the unit.

That's what my link on how to do it explains........

The problem I have, (Sorry if i haven't made it clear )

Is that the application is not loading onto the device. Therefore it won't work.

I think the maps are ok.

Getting confused here. First you say there are errors with the application and then there are errors extracting the maps (plural??). What kind of errors?

After making your Explorer backup, delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Then connect to Home and you'll be offered an application. Download it and see if it installs ok.

Ok I have managed to fix it all. Not sure how or why. The application and the 2 maps are now working.

Last edited:

Ask a Question