eeeeeek updated and now theres problems.helppp

wow i need help,i just updated my map from version 705 to version 710 via tomtom home 2.1.and i updated the operating to .162.now when i tap navigate too i have no options,no home,favorites,poi last stop etc,they are not highlited,and also no manage favorites,and it didnt save my map corections i made on my map.what gives,do i need to try and get my backup?i thought updating would be good,now everything is worse than if i left it alone,any thoughts
thanx:(

wow i need help,i just updated my map from version 705 to version 710 via tomtom home 2.1.and i updated the operating to .162.now when i tap navigate too i have no options,no home,favorites,poi last stop etc,they are not highlited,and also no manage favorites,and it didnt save my map corections i made on my map.what gives,do i need to try and get my backup?i thought updating would be good,now everything is worse than if i left it alone,any thoughts
thanx:(

When you update your maps, you will lose you favorites. However, the fact that your icons are greyed out, I would recommend a reset of the unit:
1) Power off the unit
2) While holding down the power on button, press the reset button on the unit with a paperclip
3) Once reset, you'll need to power the unit back on

I hope you made a backup before you updated, because if the reset doesn't work, I would suggest reloading the TomTom back to its original software and trying your entire update procedure again.

wow that is absolutly sick:eek: ,no where is there a warning when updating maps that you lose favorites,i had close to 50 favorites in there and a bunch of map corections ive been making,i only updated to 7.10 to see if some of the new roads made in town last year were on the new one as they werenot on the the old 7.05,i did backup before updating,i would like to keep the most uptodate map but if i need to input all my favorites and map corections again i may throw this thing across the room.:(

Ask a Question