Computer Voices

I just joined and wanted to read about other members and see if they were satisfied and what problems they were having. Hello to all.
I have a 920T. Just got this "new" one back after many problems with first one(freezing and shutting off).
When I hook up to my usb and select yes to connect to computer it takes a very long time to load checking for updates.
Also when I operate my go from computer I cannot select Computer voice Susan as it says voice is not available even though I just downloaded it.I have to select another voice then disconnect tomtom from computer and select change voices from there and then Susan is available.Tomtom said this is a software issue.Anyone else have this problem...Joe

I just joined and wanted to read about other members and see if they were satisfied and what problems they were having. Hello to all.
I have a 920T. Just got this "new" one back after many problems with first one(freezing and shutting off).
When I hook up to my usb and select yes to connect to computer it takes a very long time to load checking for updates.
Also when I operate my go from computer I cannot select Computer voice Susan as it says voice is not available even though I just downloaded it.I have to select another voice then disconnect tomtom from computer and select change voices from there and then Susan is available.Tomtom said this is a software issue.Anyone else have this problem...Joe
When doing your updates, minimize the window that HOME is running in. If it pops up, minimize it again. Keep it that way until the hard drive symbol on your ONE disappears, then max the HOME screen and finish up. This will drastically reduce the amount of time it takes.

When doing your updates, minimize the window that HOME is running in. If it pops up, minimize it again. Keep it that way until the hard drive symbol on your ONE disappears, then max the HOME screen and finish up. This will drastically reduce the amount of time it takes.

GREAT tip; thanks!

Ask a Question