910 no computer voices

TomTom Model(s)
Hi All

I am new here and wanted to ask for help with a TomTom 910. This was recently formatted and the backup did not save properly. I lost all maps and settings. I have been able to get everything back except computer voices. I have a Loquendo TTS file but all there is on here is
one folder called lib. Is there anything I can do to get computer voices back. I have spoken to customer support who say this folder should be 4gb but it is inly 10.5kb.

Any help would really be appreciated

Samantha

This has been tried, Tomtom has said these files are not able to be restored through tt home, not sure if anyone can help?

After allowing Home to restore your firmware (and the voices should have come with it!) was a folder called "LoquendoTTS" recreated in the root of your device?

I suspect, though am not certain, that the 6.9 voice set should work with the 910, but I'd need someone else to confirm. Problem: Mine is the "US" "Susan" set, and not the one to which you are accustomed, and I don't know how well that will work out to your ear, even if I were to pack them off to you. Further to that, it's 46MB worth of 'stuff', so it would take a couple of attachments to make that happen.

Do we have anyone else in the UK with a 910 at hand?

Yes I have the Loquendo TTS file in the root of the 910 but unfortunately there are no computer voices in it.

Interesting. Can you tell us what folders are present, and are their a pair of *.lde files in that folder as well? I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps the data is present, but is unrecognized by the device.

Chuckle .. "visits"? Yup. He's one of our mods, and is here regularly. I imagine he'll pop up with the UK solution for you soon enough.

Ask a Question