ONE IQ Routes and computer voices

TomTom Model(s)
ONE IQ Routes
My TomTom ONE IQ routes won't use any computer voices. I want spoken street names. Device is up to date via TomTom Home software.

I've tried backing up and removing all voices then just adding computer voices one at a time, making sure I use the right Language. Whether I choose English US or English UK, the voices I have - Kate, Dave or Susan - aren't available. I just get an error "None of the available voices can be used with the current language".:confused:

I've done a factory reset and reloaded the computer voices offered by TomTom home.

I gather it may be something to with the ONE IQ only having 32mb of RAM. the 'Loquendo' TTS may need 64mb of RAM to handle these voices. Or is it a licencing issue?

Anyone have a suggestion what to do?

Has anyone had a computer voice work on a ONE IQ Routes?

Device details - ONE IQ Routes Edition App 9.053 32mb RAM Map: Australia v875.3613

Thanks

I think it's a safe bet that if a model doesn't come with TTS voices already installed it was never intended to be able to use them.

As dhn says, the XL and XXL were quite an oddity.
I think they're the only models where some European countries got TTS and others didn't

Ask a Question