1005 computer voices

TomTom Model(s)
I want to start using voice control, but don't have any computer voices on my 1005, and cant find any to download, can anyone help please?
many thanks

Really? When you go to Change Preferences-->Voices, is there not one shown as either 'computer' or 'speaks street names'??

Did you buy the device in the UK?

"Serena" should be the UK computer voice on that model. Do you not have that one?

I want to start using voice control, but don't have any computer voices on my 1005, and cant find any to download, can anyone help please?
many thanks
For clarification, you say that you want to use voice control, but you talk about downloading voices. I suspect that it is just a difference in terminology, but to me "voice control" is where the GPS responds to your voice commands - such as "Drive to the nearest public library". As such, there would be no voices on the unit for that purpose.

I assume that what you are looking for are voices to "read" the text directions that the GPS is providing to you. It has been about a year since I explored what voices were available for my unit, both free and not-free voices, but at that time I had no problem finding a selection on the TomTom web site. In addition, my units both came with several voices already installed. Did you purchase your GPS new, or is there any chance that a previous owner deleted the voices for some reason?

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Tom... Don't forget that in order to use voice control, you need to have a computer voice selected for navigation instructions.

Tom... Don't forget that in order to use voice control, you need to have a computer voice selected for navigation instructions.
Really? I was not aware of that, so I just learned something new.

Thanks for the information.

With best wishes,
- Tom -

soo i am soo new to this stuff... is there any way that you can download new voices to your tom tom?? Help me please.. also where do i put in codes to get the free fuel service and free road side assistance and also the lifetime map thing i am soo lost...

Ask a Question