clearing cache

TomTom Model(s)
xxl
my tom tom xxl only gets to drum role and logo screen ive tried formating and reinstalling after the reset didnt work but cant clear cache on tom tom home there is no section for it i am using windows vista any ideas

i have formatted the tom tom reinstalled application download but when it restarts it only gets to the tom tom logo and stops couldnt find the cfg file on pc any ideas cheers

The cfg file is on the unit in the specific map folder (such as UK_and_ROI), not on the pc.

just checked and on the unit i have only the application installed and no maps and if i go into the my tom tom app on pc it says the tom tom isnt connected if that helps

If you formatted the unit without a backup then indeed you've wiped out any maps that would have been on the device.

Was the map that WAS on the map an update from the original one that came with the device?

i backed up the original one that was on the sat nav that is still on pc but after downloading the application software on tom tom home it tells me to update this new map but the sat nav still doesnt go past logo screen when i upload new map

The new map IS on the device? If so, is there a mapsettings.cfg file in that map folder when you look at the contents using Explorer? If so, delete it.

Just to be clear:

1. You DO have a map folder on the unit? Yes or No
2. If the ansert to 1 is Yes, what is the name of the map folder?

here is a list of all the files on the device from explorer
art,bin,europe west,gns,.licenses,maps,poi,program,script, tom tom cfg,voices,loquendo tts,pnd navigator,ttsystem,tthome

Take a look in what you are calling "Europe West". mapsettings.cfg file there?

i was wondering wouldnt the sat nav start up and get further than the logo screen without any maps as i formatted the sat nav installed only the application software no maps and still wouldnt get past start up logo

Have you made the Explorer backup (post 2)? If not, do so now.

Then delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders (the yellow icons) or their contents.

Connect to Home and install the application offered.

Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Restart your unit. Any better?

nope installed the offered app and it went to restart and got as far as the tom tom logo starting up then nothing

Try this:

Start-->run-->cmd and in the window that opens, type this:

chkdsk X:\ /f where X = the drive assigned to your unit by Windows.

hi ive run the clear flash tool and nothing seems to happen i get the small box that says set up cancel and about but it wont let me click on the set up box

Ask a Question