740 Live clearing route

Ok this is really stupid, I am trying to work out how ot clear a route, I have looked on website and it is clear I should have a menu option for this, but I do not. THe other option was in the main screen bottom right where I can tap and it should show me a center tab with clear route, however it only shows me find alternate.
The only way I can clear a route is via voice commands ( which work really well !! and surprised me )

Yes I am a new TomTom owner and it is probably something stupid but driving me to distraction

Thanks

I can tell you how it works on a 730 with 8.X navcore.

On the third page into the icons in the upper right conner there should be a 'Clear Route' icon. If you do not see this then go to 'Change Preferences' and look for the icon, it is about 4 or 5 pages into the preferences, that will enable more menu options. I think it is called 'Show more menu options'.

If you don't have the 730 or similar unit I would think the menu is setup similarly on the other Tom Toms. I am sure someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

Ok this is really stupid, I am trying to work out how ot clear a route, I have looked on website and it is clear I should have a menu option for this, but I do not. THe other option was in the main screen bottom right where I can tap and it should show me a center tab with clear route, however it only shows me find alternate.
The only way I can clear a route is via voice commands ( which work really well !! and surprised me )

Yes I am a new TomTom owner and it is probably something stupid but driving me to distraction

Thanks

try going to the page past map corrections. It should be their Good luck

Go to Change Preferences/ Show ALL menu options then you will find clear route on the third page of the main menu, by default the Show ALL menu options is selected to OFF so certain menu selections get hidden, the "Clear Route" selection being one such item! - Mike

Clearing Route

Thanks now sorted and thanks;)

My last gps automatically cleared the route once you got there, but with the TOMTOM it seems that you have to do it manually. It's crazy that the clear route icon isn't on the first page. I think I might add it to the quick menu and see how it goes...

Ask a Question