Clearing Information

Hi,
Now that I have my brilliant 750 up and runningIi am not going to need my trusty old 710 so will be selling it.I have some sensitive information on POI and favourites that I would like to clear from my 710. I have been know to wipe maps off the SD card so before I start "seeing if this or that will work" thought I had better ask the experts how to do it?:)
Can anyone tell me how to safely remove phone contacts POI's Favourites and the like from my 710?
Many thanks for you help
Best
Piff60

1. Preferences-->Restore to Factory defaults will remove customized settings you made.

2. Use Explorer to delete the mapsettings.cfg file in your specific map folder. When the unit is rebooted, a fresh copy will be created by the applications without any of your favourites, recent destinations, etc.

3. Use Explorer to remove any custom .ov2 files you've added to the specific map folder.

4. Use Explorer to remove any contacts.txt file you find in the contacts folder.

4. If you've purchased any custom traffic databases, remove them. Same with any purchased 'special' voices.

Last edited:

Ask a Question