Can't install new map

TomTom Model(s)
Live 10000
This problem is driving me mad. I am going through Tomtom support and they don't seem to be able to help either.

I own a TomTom Go Live 1000 and am a subscriber to the Map update service. Earlier this week I received an email saying that a new map was available. I followed the link. However, I cannot get the new map to install.

When I go to My Tomtom Manage Content it tells me that the map on my Tomtom is v8.85, but in my account v8.90, with an Install button beside it. However, when I click on the install button, it thinks for a few seconds, and nothing happens.

I have seen similar problems on Forums across the world but no solutions. I have tried the obvious things: Emptying browser cache, completely uninstalling MyTomtom and reinstalling, but nothing makes any difference.

For information I am running my Tomtom on an Intel iMac running 10.7.4 with Safari,but I tried it with Firefox too and got the same problem.

I know you're going to hate me for saying this... but do you have access to a PC you could try it on?

Obviously it SHOULD all work on a Mac, but if we could take that out of the equation first of all, it might save time in the long run.

You're right, I hate you for saying it.

I might be able to try that next week.

But it looks as though some people with PCs appear to be having the same problem.

Ask a Question