HELP! Can't Get v710 Map Installed

TomTom Model(s)
Go 910
Hello, I am sorry my first post is so problematic, but I just can't find any solutions.

I have an early GO 910 with the ?North America? v650 map. Yesterday I plugged it into the PC for the first time in a long while.
First it updated to App v7.161
Next HOME upgraded to v2.1.2.121
Next HOME updated all of the Euro safety cameras (several of the files had to retry as many as 5 times, I kept getting an Internal Server Error)

I checked for map updates and it said North America Version 710 was available so I purchased it and started the download. Even with my 5MB broadband connection the 2GB file takes about an hour to download. I tried it several times and kept getting an ?Internal Server Error? right at the end of the download. I then deleted the ?Downloads? directory like it said to in the TomTom on-line support and tried again. This time the download completed but during install I get an Error message: ? This file is invalid (archive file): E:\?\ My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\map\NorthAmerica\ activation_map_50022.cab
When I use Explorer to look at the My Documents/TomTom/HOME/Downloads/map/NorthAmerica folder, the file ?activation_map_50022.cab? has 0 bytes.
I also no longer have the option to download the file when I click the ?Update my GO? button.

If I click the Report to TomTom button it says Report incident ID 684433.
If I try to use the ?Online Support? item in the HOME ?Help? menu it links me to https://home.tomtom.com/urlredirect/10?locale=en-US&country=US&deviceModel=go910 no page loads for this link.
If I try to ask a question via the web page support I get the error:
Question Submission Failed
"User ID" requires a value. Use the browser Back button to return to the previous page to correct these problems.

There is no ?User ID? field to fill in and I am logged into the system with the correct ?My Account? information.

Is there any way to download the files other than through HOME?

I guess my only option is to call the support line tomorrow. TomTom?s online support is completely dysfunctional.

i would REALLY like to know how you fixed this as well. im having the SAME problem. i am getting so angry at my tomtom.
i love the tomtom software, but their support SUCKS.
ive been tyring all day to download this damn new map.... it finally finished after many tries and now im getting that error you got. please dont tell me i need to download the map again..... maybe you can send me that single file? can anyone send me that file maybe?
or just tell me what to do i need these maps so bad!
thanks in advance merry christmas

just to let everyone know... i simply redownloaded the maps from tomtom and it worked.
2+ hours to download each time.... i hate DSL.

Internal Server Error

I kept getting this error while trying to download & install a new map. Eventually it worked after 6 attempts. There is obviously something unreliable in the TomTom server network.
If at first you don't succeed :cool: -- try , try again

Ask a Question