Lost maps, can't re-install

Hi,

I have a TT1 3rd ed. It was working fine until last night when I let it sit for a while to do an update. When I fired it up today, I found that my US/canada maps were gone (I am in the US). TT Home says I have 877.2MB free on the unit but all I have installed is the TT application and one voice. The US maps are 912MB.

Everything was installed before but it seems that I need to free up ~ 35MB in order to install. There doesn't seem to be anything to remove and this seems like an error of sorts. I reset my TT1 as well as rebooted my Mac. Running TTH 1.6.

I would sure appreciate any assistance you might provide.

The forums look like a neat place to share info. I'm only a month old user and already loving the unit.
thanks

I'm having the same prob with the One LE ... only problem is I DID do a backup first .... and now it's telling me that there isn't one availible to restore!!!!

you both man need to call tom tom support, they may need to resend you the maps.. it happened to me as well.

you both man need to call tom tom support, they may need to resend you the maps.. it happened to me as well.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did perform a backup and attempted to restore but TTH tells me that it appears the backup is not compatible with my device.

EDIT: I was on the phone with support, who said to reformat the unit and then download and re-install the application and maps.

The maps are installing as I type this so it appears to be working.

Hope this helps others and thanks again for the input.

Last edited:
Afraid you're posting to a 2-year old thread. Not much chance for a response......

Where did you download the maps and other data from after formatting your Tomtom One?

Other data: Everything on a Tomtom is freely downloadable from Tomtom HOME except for the maps.

Call Tomtom support for the maps. Sometimes they're on your computer and support will help you find them, other times (if you get a rep in a good mood) they'll give you a really old map to get your Tomtom working again.

Ask a Question