Lost maps/ write protected error after performing update

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
I have two Tomtom XL One's and went to update both and lost all maps. I tried to install them again via Tomtom 'manage my XL' but error message 'memory card is write protected/remove protection' popped up. I ran a first aid report via utilities on Mac but it could not be completed due to a found error, it would not allow me to perform a 'repair disk'. Any assistance is appreciated.

Not sure which unit you actually have. Some of the ONE XL units had no internal memory, and relied on an SD card for operation.

Can you advise the first two characters of your serial number, and whether your unit uses an SD card for operation? Not sure how this would have happened, but stock SD cards do have little tiny write protect switches on the left side. It would be along the left edge towards the top as you look at the logo on the card. If you slide it 'down' it prohibits writing to the card. It needs to be 'up' towards the contact edge of the card to enable writes.

Ask a Question