can i check a foreign map before I travel on my tomtom

Hi I have just bought a Tomtom 930T from ebay as I am going on holiday to the U.S shortly. So just before I go I just wanted to make sure all was in order with my map of North America. I knew I would be able to do much with it as I'm in th U.K but I wanted to browse about with it. Can someone please tell me if I can do this as what happens is the Tom Tom just freezes up more often than not and when it doesnt I get a kind of scrambled up words for the street names etc
I have attached a couple of pictures of my TomTom to explain what im getting.
Could anyone pls helpme as I just would like to know if my TomTom is ok to travel with and my map isnt corrupted
Steve

Attachments

• IMG00003-20100417-2007.jpg
    IMG00003-20100417-2007.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG00004-20100417-2007.jpg
    IMG00004-20100417-2007.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 334
I've seen that before and I think it's sympotamic of a corrupt map flile. When you tap the satellite bars, what application do you have? And, when you tap the version number, what maps does it show installed and what version are they?

I don't think a pin reset will help but try it.

Hi, thanks for the very quick reply,
unfortunately my device is at home so I wont be able to check that out until later today, I kind of knew something was wrong when it kept freezing and restarting all the time and I had to do a restore on it to bring it out of the cycle, I have tried holding in the reset button for 30 or so seconds and switching it on but nothing changes, nor does to factory default on the device itself.
So it seems I have a corrupt U.S map how would I be able to retrieve it without paying ?80 for a new one as I could of just done that with my old TomTom go 300
Thanks
Steve

As long as your US map is registered to the unit you are using, you can ask Tech Support to push a fresh copy to you of that version of the map that you "own".

Ask a Question