Price higher in PayPal checkout?

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
Greetings all,

I wanted to update my very outdated map in my GO730 and I proceeded with the checkout via the Home software. The price at checkout was listed as $34.96 USD but when I proceed to PayPal, it displays a price of $55.95 CAD! Our dollar is pretty near par so I can't see the price jumping $20! Can anyone explain this?

Thanks!

There is a 20% VAT tax that gets added as the pay servers are in Europe. Call CS at 866-486-6866 and speak to 2nd level support. See if they can remove the excess amount from the bill.

There is a 20% VAT tax that gets added as the pay servers are in Europe. Call CS at 866-486-6866 and speak to 2nd level support. See if they can remove the excess amount from the bill.
I wonder if there is more to this than the tax, as a 20% VAT would have been $7, not $20.

I believe that TomTom is currently running a sale on maps. I wonder if the wizard programmers at TomTom took the sale discount into account at the web site, but forgot to do so when they sent the bill to PayPal.

- Tom -

Ask a Question