fuel prices not updating

TomTom Model(s)
start 55 tm
last time i updated fuel prices (3 weeks ago) 3.70 as of now nov.9 3.40 updated today still showing older price any ideas why it will not update to todays price

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying that connecting to Home has not caused Home to offer you any new fuel price updates for the last 3 weeks?

Did you purchase a subscription for fuel prices?
http://www.tomtom.com/en_us/services/other/fuel-prices/index.jsp

If so, we can probably help get the file issue 'unstuck' by deleting a couple of the existing fuel files from your device and PC. If not, I guess I am unclear as to why you're expecting fuel price downloads. Please advise.

thanks for reply back canderson . i have a free 1 yr sub. when i bought my unit start55 tm in late aug. to answer your ? i connected to home did the updateing did update of fuel prices, mapshare and prices are still the same on poi near home, touch gas station, cheapest nearby comes up 3.70$ cheapest in area 3.65$ gas here has been 3.40 for the past week nov4-9

thanks for reply back canderson . i have a free 1 yr sub. when i bought my unit start55 tm in late aug. to answer your ? i connected to home did the updateing did update of fuel prices, mapshare and prices are still the same on poi near home, touch gas station, cheapest nearby comes up 3.70$ cheapest in area 3.65$ gas here has been 3.40 for the past week nov4-9
it sounds like the file is stuck could you send me directions on how to fix the the file on both the unit and pc i run windows xp thanks!!!!!!!

The following instructions really do assume that Home is NOT offering you new fuel price data when you connect, and it sounds as though it is. However, it may be that something is going amiss and you're still using old data from your PC or your unit, so let's try this out anyway. If the prices remain bogus, the problem will be that the prices in your area aren't being updated properly.

First, run a backup of your unit using this procedure: https://www.tomtomforums.com/t17864-how-backup-contents-your-unit-computer-how-restore.html

Plug your unit into your PC and let Home start up. Feel free to just ignore Home for the moment by minimizing it to get it out of your way.

On your unit, looking at your TomTom as though it were a disk drive, look for a folder in the root called "fuel_prices". If it exists, delete the FuelStations.tlv file found there.

On your unit, look for your North_America map folder in the root. Delete ONLY any files beginning with the name "FuelStations...". There will no doubt be several of these.

On your PC (location will vary for Win7 users), look for the folder My Documents/TomTom/HOME/Download/complete/fuelprice. There, you will probably find several folders beginning with the name "Fuel_prices_USA...". There will be one for each fuel price update you have previously received. Now ... Delete all of these "Fuel_Prices_USA..." subfolders.

Go back to Home and use it to properly disconnect your unit. Shut down Home.

Plug your unit back in and let Home run. Does it now offer you fuel price updates? If not, your subscription hasn't lasted as long as you expected it to and you'd need to contact tech support to get it extended.

Ask a Question