Fuel Prices Button Not On GPS 1535TM

TomTom Model(s)
GO1535TM Live
I recently purchased the TomTOm 1535TM, and I just purchased the Live Services. I see from the website that the Fuel Prices are also included, however the button is not on my device. I tried to go to the update page and it says the GPS is up to date. How do I get the Fuel Services on my GPS? Thanks.

Please add your location to your forum profile. It makes it a lot easier to answer if people know what country you are in.

I don't get fuel prices on my NAV3 ones (Go1000/1005). TT said they were ditching fuel prices in the UK .
(they were seriously rubbish, but the COULD have got a better data supplier instead of just scrapping it).

But I DO still get them on my NAV2 TomTom models (Go940/950).

Which "button" are you looking for? There's one on the LIVE Services index screen.

But on my units with fuel prices I just ask to "Travel via.." a Petrol Station POI on my current route and it comes up with the prices.

I don't understand. Either you have a Go 1535 LIVE which DOES come with live services for a year OR you have the Via 1535 which doesn't have LIVE services and for which you can't add them (requires an imbedded sim card which the Via doesn't have).

So.......which model do you have Ron?

Thanks guys for the quick replies. I was under the assumption that there would be a fuel price button with the other services buttons like weather, and traffic. I used the method Andy stated and by driving to an POI gas station it does in fact show the prices. Sorry but this is my first GPS i bought and still learning. I also updated my location, hopefully it shows. Thanks again

Also i bought a refurbished 1535TM. Im not sure what the T means, but I just download the services for the 1535M and it works.

The T refers to lifetime traffic which you can get IF the attachment to the cig lighter is a combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger. It will have a grey plastic 'egg' in the cord. Did your refurbished unit come with that?

The T refers to lifetime traffic which you can get IF the attachment to the cig lighter is a combo rds-tmc antenna/car charger. It will have a grey plastic 'egg' in the cord. Did your refurbished unit come with that?
My GO 930 is not a 930T yet, using the RDS-TMC antenna/charger cord you lent me, I can get LIVE traffic.

No you can't. You get the rds traffic with that device. It doesn't show traffic for minor (non highway, major roads) roads, does it? And info refreshes every 15 minutes, not two as with TomTom traffic (formerly known as HD traffic).

@Arno.... The "T" just means the device was supplied with an RDS-TMC receiver in the box when new.

Not having a "T" doesn't mean the receiver won't work.

See how little I know, David!

When I received my 930, on the second day of its availability in Canada there was no T version.
I would not have bought one anyway since at that time, May 2008, a separate antenna wire had to be stuck to the windscreen of the car.

Due to my non rush hour longer drives pattern I have only had two real side-by-side comparisons between LIVE and RDS-TMC. the first time the latter won with flying colours, the second time Live edged slightly ahead.

Not sure how things are up in the Great White North, Arno, but south of the parallel, the quality of HD (Live) traffic increased greatly at the end of last year due to a massive increase in their 'probe' count. My unit now predicts the backups with incredible accuracy -- down to 100 yards or less, and covers a whole lot more of the major surface roads. That latter bit allows the device to plan faster alternates far more accurately when things go to crap up on the highways, something we see frequently in major metro areas.

Ask a Question